Chapter 118: Battle For True Longinus! War Escalates

Hope everyone enjoy the latest chapter! ^.^

Strong breeze blows past the grassy and dim tall hill that overlooks the town of Kuoh. The night sky, this specific night holds many bright stairs and instead of the normal white color ones, there are a variety of different color stars in this specific night. Red, blue, yellow, and green stairs are scattered around the dark blue hued sky.

A person can be seen sitting on top of the hill, a girl. She is sited comfortably on the soft grass, arms rested on her knees while she is staring forward. The shadow of the night create silhouette over her upper form, hiding her appearance. A footstep echoes from behind and the girl's smile grows, feeling the presence behind her. A tall figure emerges from the shadows to reveal Nawin, walking forward with hands in pockets, his expression stoic as it ever was, but one thing is different, his eyes hold warmth and ease, his posture no longer is on alert or guard, just calmness.

Nawin stop beside the girl, not glancing at her just yet but instead focus on the phenomenal view in front. A massive oval object that is equal to the size of a moon hovers above the town of Kuoh. Dense clouds swirl around the unmoving object, vibrant colors shines around it, creating a view that the Makasha has never seen before. It honestly terrifies him but also, he finds beauty and serene in it at the same time. He listens to the loud and roaring breeze blowing past him, created by the phenomenon that hovers above Kuoh.

"Beautiful... Isn't it?" the girl finally speaks, her voice soft and angelic while she eyes forward, her gaze never leaving the colorful moon "... Yes, but it is also... Ominous" Nawin answers, slowly and calmly. His eyes lower to half-lid and slowly, he takes a sit next to the girl, lying down on the soft grass, his eyes not leaving the view of the moon. "What's wrong?" the girl asks, concern rings in her voice, the voice that the Makasha have always loved hearing every day. "I'm tired... So tired" Nawin reply softly, releasing a long sigh "I'm tired of everything..." "I know you are, my dear... But, even saying that... I know you continue to push on... You always do" "I had you with me back then... It's different" "It's no different, now you have more friends compare to ever before. Those friends push you on... Then there's that girl who captured your heart" the girl reply, smiling softly.

"You love her, don't you?" the girl question, still, her eyes not meeting with the Makasha. It took a minute, but Nawin finally answers "I do... But, it feels like we still have a long way to go" "Because you don't want to open yourself up completely and the same thing can be said for her... Perhaps more so than you" the girl speaks in truth "... She's not like you" Nawin utters and the girl giggle, hearing the sound of her cute giggle cause a genuine and happy smile grace the Makasha's lip "No one is like me" she replies with witty.

Nawin close his eyes, his smile form to fondness "That's very true..." he whispers, "Whatever you do forward on, Nawin." The girl slowly stands up and the light finally shines on her figure. Nawin looks at the girl, staring at her beautiful and smooth dark violet color hair, her shining and sparkling purple eyes, the eyes he can just stare for hours and never get tired, the eyes that can pierce into his heart and inject warmth in them. The girl finally turns to look at him, wearing a breathtaking smile "I'll always be with you and believe in your judgement" she states.

She turns forward to look at the moon once more, her smile slowly turns to a sad one, the shine in her eyes dim "It's about time for you to wake up... Walk tall, my love."

Forest

Lucy breathe out in exhaustion and push forward, carrying her unconscious brother by his shoulder. "The stadium should be near soon" she utters and looks at Nawin "Don't worry, Big bro... I'll get you help" she reassures with a smile and turn forward to keep moving on. A few minutes of silent walking through the dense forest. Lucy halt at what's in front of her path, then silently stirs away from the massive crater left by Sayomi.