Chapter 48: The Observation Day

Outside of Kuoh you can hear loud clash and fist hitting each other, "BOOM" the field explode in blue flames, two figure land on the ground between the explosion, when the flames died down, it show Nawin and Lucy looking at each other, the blond have fire surround her body, while the black haired stand still with his arm cross "Lucy you may have the destructive power but when dealing with a speed opponent like me, you need to use your brain instead of firing your attack in every direction like an idiot" Nawin explain to his sister.

Lucy glares at the black haired "Onii-san! Your probably the fastest devil in the world right now with your speeding shadow god technique, I can't hit you with that" "Less complaining and more training" Nawin disappear in black flash, the blond turn to her back expecting an attack there but there was nothing "Wrong" Nawin appear above her and kick the blond in the shoulder sending her barreling through the field.

Lucy shot her hand to the ground and push herself up, landing to her feet. "When I disappear, I won't always appear behind Lucy, it will be too predictable wouldn't it" Nawin said landing on the ground, "True but Onii-san you forget something, I'm also known to be the most unpredictable girl in our previous school" Lucy smirk, the black haired look at the ground seeing it lit up in blue making his lips twitch upwards.

Suddenly the ground explode beneath Nawin, Lucy cover her eyes and look at the bright flames, "Not bad" A voice said behind her, Lucy turn and look up seeing her brother floating on the air, he raise his right hand up, suddenly dozens of shadow lance and spear appear making the blond freeze in shock.

Nawin see his sister frozen state 'You need to get rid of fear little sister" He bring his right hand down sending the entire weapons down to the blond. Lucy look at the sharp weapons coming toward her still frozen 'Snap out of it!' a voice yell in her mind, suddenly Lucy eyes change, her right eye shine golden while her left eye darken.

She look at the weapons coming down at her blankly, a giant fire wall shot in front of her burning all the weapons down. Nawin eyes narrow feeling his sister power just skyrocketed, suddenly the flaming wall, shoot out hundreds of fire blast making the black haired eyes widen.

'Shit!, I can't dodge all of that' Nawin start flying back and dodge the fire blasts, one of them hit him in his right shoulder "Ahh" he spins to the side dodging another blast, "Ok enough of this" he looks up seeing dozen of more fire blast heading toward him, Nawin lift his left hand up "Ice Glacier Storm" An enormous ice blast fire from his palm, freezing the whole fire blast along with the forest the two are in, but Nawin is shock when his attack hit the fire wall, it didn't destroy it.

'Damn, that wall must be too hot for even my ice spell to stop it' Nawin turn to Lucy and see her looking at him blankly 'Her eyes changed again, I say that's enough' the black haired point his index and middle finger at the blond "Six Heaven Prison Rod" Six light rod slam at the blond midsection, Nawin disappear in black flash, reappearing behind the blond, he hit her neck knocking her out, the flame wall burst and disappear.

Nawin snap his finger shattering the rods, he grab his sister before she fall down and hold her bridal style. Nawin look at his wound and is shock to find it start healing in accelerating speed, the draconic mark glow making him drop to one knee.

Suddenly the air around the forest get colder, Nawin can see his own breath in the cold air, his eyes widen seeing 3 glowing red eyes appear in the forest, it was still early in the morning for the sun to rise, 'Damn, it's those things again' Nawin grab a hold of Lucy and stand up but he is immediately punch in the face sending him and Lucy across the forest, Nawin crash on the boulder, while Lucy land on the ground further from him.

Nawin gets up and pants "Damn I'm out number, and the mark is weakening me" he fall to his knee and grab his neck in pain 'Why now of all times!'. One of the creature jump a few meter away from him, it look at him moving its head to disturbing angle 'Kid use fire spell' Tairex said 'Why?' 'Just do it!' The creature shriek in a high pitch voice and dash toward Nawin extending both its arm and points it long sharp claws at the Makasha.