Chapter 110: Shocking Result! Fire vs Earth!

Hope you enjoy the chapter, Readers! ^.^

Stadium Platform

Sirzech gaze at the fighter that is representing the village he commands. A look of grimace form on his face. 'Alis... you worked hard to get to where you are now... But, I'm afraid luck isn't on your side in this tournament' he notes and turn to Kailo. 'No matter how strong you've gotten since the last I've sparred with you... It's impossible for you to be in a level equal to a Fallen Angel General. I can only hope that you put on an impressive display to make your Emperor and village proud'.

"You sure pick your fighters well... Azazel" Serafall said, though with the sarcastic running in her tone. It's clear that it wasn't meant to be anyway close to a compliment. Azazel carelessly shrug "I've assigned my assistant to handle that. Kailo and Akari may be a bit older than the rest of the contenders, but they are still in the new generation and are prodigies. So, I don't see any problems, Serafall" he replies calmly, though thoughtfully.

Serafall shakes her head and turn to Ajuka. "I forgot to ask, but are you ok, Ajuka-kun?" she questions, making the scientist turn to her, wearing a perplex expression. "Why are you asking?" "Because your fighter lost".

Ajuka shakes his head, his expression change to the usual collective one. "I'm fine. I've lost some interest over it after the suppose contender unfortunately passed away" he response, and Azazel perks up, hearing this. "Have you solved the case?" Azazel question "Sadly no..." Ajuak reply, annoyance pouring from his tone "With this tournament coming up, I didn't receive enough time. Though I have come up with the fact that he was murdered. The investigation will go on full when this tournament is over" he asserts.

Sirzech listens closely to the conversation and decide to insert "Good. I want the person responsible found" he states in serious tone. "Don't worry, Sirzech. I won't rest until that murderer is found. They killed a young and bright fighter from my village... I'm not going to let them get away with it" Ajuka reply, his tone sharp and serious.

Arena Ground

"Before we begin. Allow me to fix this battleground" Grayfia assert, looking at the destructive and broken-down arena ground. With a simple flick of her ring and thumb fingers. The whole arena glows brightly in silver and when the light dies down, the whole arena looks brand new without a single scratch, craters, or any damage on the ground and walls.

"One!" Grayfia immediately starts "Two... Three... Fight!" she exclaims and jumps back to her usual position. Alis and Kailo both just stand still, both holding an uncaring and bore expression. Like both didn't want to be here or care much about either winning or losing.

"Hmm," Kailo hums and bring his right hand back to rub his neck while eyeing the girl that is his opponent. Kailo's pupils narrow ever slightly, picking up something suspicious. 'She is like all the rest of the village's fighters... Quite fresh and only have numbers of real experience in battles under their belt. From what I heard in the conference, she is supposed to be the youngest contender of the village's fighters group' he notes and looks into the Bethan's dull green eyes.

'Those eyes... Even though she's trying to hide it. It holds ominous power and deep knowledge... Something a girl like her shouldn't hold at such a young age' Kailo thinks, getting a very bad feeling about the fighter in front of him. '... Something isn't right here' Kailo concludes and his bore expression harden slightly. 'Let's test her and see how it goes. I might be overthinking it... As usual'.

"Shall you or I make the first move?" Kailo ask, politely, which garners a lot of eyebrow raising from the audiences, including Alis. "How kind of you... Why don't you go first" she replies in an uncaring tone.