Chapter 144: Akame's Inner Demon, Nawin's Ascension!

Sorry for the slight delay everyone! Had a bit of a writer's block

With that said! Enjoy the latest chapter! ^.^

"Hmm," Sayomi eyes closely at Marius "... He has gotten stronger and in such a short period of time." Vampires already possess keen senses, but Sayomi's goes further than even that. In a certain range with a target, she can sense their full power with ease, even if they tried to hide it. Sayomi's eyes narrow "How is that possible? Did the Grail have something to do with it or did Marius trick me back then?"

Sayomi's eyes shifts to Nawin. "Seems like you'll have a tough battle ahead, my dear." A smile slowly graces the beautiful Pureblood's face "Let's see how far Marius will push you. For his sake... He better not push too hard."

South: Battlefield

Nawin openly glares at the smirking Vampire. The black aura around him starts shifting more violently. The earth begins cracking and shattering. "Ahhhh!" Nawin blasts forward and swings forward a right hand. Marius brings both arms up to block the attack and goes sliding back by the momentum but keeps the arms up.

Nawin shoots his head forward to give a surprise headbutt that knocks Marius back, stumbling on his feet. "Guh!" the Tepes growls and catch the incoming left hook, then retaliates with a sidekick that connects at the Makasha's waist. Marius grips tightly on the hand and throws Nawin over the shoulder, slamming him hard on the ground.

"Hah!" Marius shouts, slamming his right feet down for a stomp on the Makasha's head, who quickly escape by rolling to the side. Nawin gets up on all fours, but before he can return to his feet. Marius comes dashing forward and gives a stiff kick to the Makasha's face, sending him barreling back.

Nawin cuss and quickly jumps onto his feet. He grips his nose, feeling blood dripping down and entering his mouth. "I got experience in close-combat too, Nawin" Marius claim, smirking arrogantly.

Didn't bother to give a response, Nawin straightens his posture and points his right index finger forward. Marius raises an eyebrow at this motion. "... Push," Nawin utters, and Marius is sent blasting away by an invisible force that completely took him off-guard.

Nawin summons the Gunblade and disappears in a Black Flash. He appears above and launches the sharp blade down through the Vampire's throat. "Kuuuah!" Marius's eyes widen in pain, and he gags out blood. The image brings a smirk to Nawin's face, but he wasn't done. The Makasha push the blade down and bury it to the earth. Pinning Marius there as well.

Nawin lets go of the handle and kicks to the air using the sword's pommel. Gracefully rotating his body around so his front faces downward, Nawin opens the right palm and a red flaming orb glows into life. "RED FLAME CANNON!" Nawin exclaims and discharges the sizable orb down.

Marius, without a care to his body. Lean up and forcibly rips the sword out of his throat. He grabs the blade and throws it upwards to the incoming attack. The sword collides with the orb to cause an explosion to erupt in midair. Marius feels his throat quickly regenerating while he looks up at the dense red tint smoke cloud.

The smoke slowly disperses. Nawin sees Marius standing down there, smirking at him. The sickening injury on the neck is utterly healed. There's not a sign of even a small scare from where the sword was launched through.

Seeing that Marius may be truly immortal. Nawin begins to formulate some plan at least take down the man. 'He is a Vampire... If I sever his head will that do the trick?' Nawin thinks, then an image of Freed appears. 'Most likely not... I've done that to Freed, and he stayed very much alive. But, I won't know until I try.' The Makasha summons a new Gunblade on his right hand.