Chapter 152: Duo Birthday Celebration! Inner Conflict

Sorry for the delay everyone. I took a bit of a holiday during the first week to refresh my brain!

I hope you all enjoy this latest chapter! ^.^

"Jay!" a distressed Yao burst into the living room and shouts for her husband, who is relaxing on the couch, watching some news. Jonathan immediately seats up with seeing the expression on his wife's face. "What's wrong?" he asks, wearing a look of concern "Where's Nawin?!" Yao asks, stopping in front of him "He's not in his room!" "He just got out of bed... You checked the bathroom?" "He's not there! The boy is still in his pajamas! Last I saw of him he was skipping around the hallway chanting it's his birthday."

Jonathan's eyes widen when feeling a slight breeze entering the living room. Without a word, he hastes toward the hallway and turns to see the front door slightly left open. "He's left the house!" "WHAT?!" Yao stops beside her husband and gasp when seeing the open door.

"Damn it!" Yao cuss then turns to her husband. "Jonathan stay here! Lucy is still asleep. I need to go get him" "Yao, calm dow-" "I can't calm down!" Yao retorts in anger "My baby is out there alone without protection! Stay here." Jonathan watches his wife takes off of the apron and throws it to the ground before rushing out of the house in haste.

"Hehehe!" the six-year-old Nawin giggle in glee as he skips through the neighborhood. The ears on the orange tiger pajamas' hoodie flop around with every step. "It's my birthday!" Nawin jumps and shouts out the words, grinning brightly. "Not only mine but Miraya's too! Hehehe." Nawin continues skipping toward his best friend's house.

Considering it is still early, the neighborhood was relatively quiet. Nawin giggles and does one more jump then once again land on his feet. The Pajamas' bottom covering the boy's feet is now dirty from dust. "Hmm?" Nawin blinks when looking at the asphalt and see a shadowy figure in front. The young boy blinks once more and is ready to turn around "NAWIN!" Yao's voice boom which promptly causes Nawin to jump around and sees his mother rushing towards him.

"Mommy?" Nawin utters, tilting his head before he is scooped up to the woman's arms. "You ok?!" Yao asks, examining her son's form carefully before releasing a sigh when spotting no ounce of injury or bruises on him. "You dummy!" Yao scolds, which cause the boy to flinch "Why were you leaving the house this early in the morning? No less in your pajamas!" "I-I wanted t-to see Miraya" Nawin answer in a stutter, his big brown eyes turning glossy "I-it's our birthday."

Seeing that look on her son's face, Yao's anger quickly diminishes. She can never stay mad when Nawin is on the verge of crying. Also, it didn't help her case that her son is the most adorable boy in the world in that pajama. "Oh dear," Yao kneels and gently set the boy on his feet. She dusts some specks of dirt caught on the pajama. "You really are going to give me a heart attack one day, sweetheart," Yao says "Sorry," Nawin replies and pouts "I make Mommy worry." "It's fine," Yao gives a soft smile and brings her son in to give him a kiss on the cheek. "I know how much you love your birthdays. It's natural for a kid to do some reckless stuff when they are this excited."

"Next time just don't go out all of a sudden without telling your dad or me ok?" "Ok!" Nawin nods and gives a big grin "I won't do it again" "That's my sweet boy. Now, want to go see Miraya?" "Yeah!"

"You won't have to look far," a new voice join, and Nawin's eyes beam. He turns around to see Miraya standing there, greeting him with a gentle smile. "Miraya!" Nawin shouts and jumps toward the girl, embracing her in a hug. "Happy Birthday!" he shouts with the biggest grin possible "Ehehe, Happy Birthday to you too, Nawin" Miraya replies, wrapping her arms around the boy.

Present

"What are you thinking about?" Nawin blinks to find himself back in the kitchen. He turns to the right and sees Miraya closing the fridge, the ice cream cake stored inside to be saved for after dinner. "Reminiscing that time I ran out of the house in that Tiger Pajama I used to wear," "Oh," Miraya lets out a giggle and wears a warm smile "You were so excited for your birthday that year. You gave your poor mother a scare there," "Yeah," Nawin admits, chuckling.