Chapter 162: Confrontation, First Love

Sorry that it took so long, everyone! This chapter is quite special and needed the extra time.

Enjoy the latest chapter!

Tapping the screen to answer the call, Lucy brings it up to her ears while drying her wet hair with a towel using the other hand. She glances out of the window to look at the backyard of the Leviathan Mansion, the area where she just finished her Evening Training. "O-Onee-chan," Lucy's motion halts, and her sharp eyes slowly widen by the sound of her younger sister's trembling tone.

"Asia?" Lucy reply in a soft tone filled with concern, "Are you ok? What's wrong?" "P-please come back home... T-the house feels so heavy and sad. Mama and Papa are quiet. Akeno-nee-chan has locked herself in her room since morning. A-and Onii-chan has not returned home. I-I don't like it. Please come back, Onee-chan." Lucy's heart wrenches by hearing her sister's depressed tone. Guilt starts to set in. Lucy grits her teeth at how she just up and left Asia to herself. She wanted to get away quickly before her emotions got the better of her and caused her to do something to Akeno that could leave her regretting.

Lucy nods to herself before uttering. "Ok, I'll be back shortly, Asia. Have you tried getting into contact with Big bro?" "I have b-but he isn't answering my text or calls." Lucy grows more worried at this news. Nawin would always set time for her and Asia no matter what. Hearing that he is even ignoring Asia was a shock. "Why isn't he answering?" Lucy finds herself muttering out loud, "I-I think he's hurt, Onee-chan" "What do you mean?" "O-oh, you wouldn't know... Yesterday, Onii-chan broke up with Akeno-nee-chan."

"... What?" Lucy whispers out in disbelief, "I-it's true. That's why Akeno-nee-chan is so depressed. She has remained in her room ever since. I-I tried speaking to her, but she never replies." Asia sniffs, sounding like she's going to break down in tears any second. "Asia," Lucy speaks in a gentle tone, "You don't have to say anymore. I'll come back shortly" "O-ok, thank you" "I'm sorry for leaving you by yourself in such a harsh time... See you soon." With that said, Lucy taps the screen to end the call.

Before the screen went to black, Lucy stares at the home screen wallpaper that displays a photo taken by Akeno. A picture of herself, Asia, and Nawin stood in front of their house. The sisters stood on each side of their brother while holding his arms individually. All three smiling brightly for the camera. The picture was taken before Asia's eyes was cursed. It still stings when seeing those vibrant emerald color eyes staring back at her. "Just what is this feeling," Lucy whispers, looking at her brother on the screen before a sudden cold and ominous chill crawl down her spine.

Shaking her head and returning the phone back into the back pocket, Lucy throws the towel onto the bed before rushing out of the room. Slamming the door shut on the way.

Kuoh: Hyoudou Household

"It was that bad, huh?" Xenovia speaks, looking across to Rias. Yuuto set cups of green tea down for four people before sitting beside his lover on the couch, placing the tray on the edge of the glass table. "Yes," Rias sighs in dishearten before peering to her left to look at Issei, who has remained silent since the Knights arrive in their home.

"If you can't get through to her right now, Buchou... Other than Nawin-kun, no one can. Perhaps it is best to give Akeno-senpai space for now," Yuuto gives his honest opinion. "No, Yuuto," Rias shakes her head. "Akeno hates being alone. Leaving her alone will only do harm to her mental state. She can't remain stuck in her room like that for long. She needs help" "Where's Nawin-senpai then," Xenovia speaks up and turns to Issei. "Weren't you looking for him? Did you find him?"

All eyes shift to the Hyoudou. "I found him," Issei chokes out before looking up to meet the gazes. "But he wasn't in a mood to talk. I-I didn't get anything out from him." "What happened?" Xenovia inquires, "Issei told me that Nawin-kun was in a rush to somewhere," Rias speaks up for her lover, "Rush to somewhere?" Yuuto tilts his head, "What could he possibly be doing right now that requires him to be in a hurry?" "That, we don't know," Rias reply with regret.