Chapter 121: The Masquerade Ball! Memory Of The Dance

Sorry for the late update, Readers!

I had a bit of a writer's block, also this chapter is one of the longest I've written in a while

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy it! ^.^

A cold morning breeze blows around the Gremory Estate backyard. The sun isn't fully out yet and leaves a dim light casting on the whole land. The large backyard shows to be taken great care of by the gardeners. The grass are vibrant and perfectly evenly trimmed. A large marble fountain spraying water from all four sides is set right at the center, with marble benches placed on the right and left. A large veranda is built on the left end of the manor and stretches out all the way to the middle and protrudes forward for the length of twenty meters, giving a large room inside. The whole veranda is made of glass so the people that decide to sit inside can enjoy the full view of the peaceful backyard.

A sudden force abrupt from the backyard, breaking the silence and cause the grasses and dozens of trees to rustle. Another thud appears, shaking the water in the fountain. "Hah!" Yuuto cartwheeled to the right and jumps forward, bringing his elbow forward but gets block by a palm from Nawin. The Knight instantly brings his left leg up, bringing it to the Makasha's side, forces him to let go and jumps back to narrowly miss the kick.

Nawin perks and jump when Yuuto appears in front to swipe his feet. Nawin swings a right leg and connects perfectly at the side of Yuuto's head and sends him stumbling back, dazed by the strike. Nawin lands and bring his right leg up to give a brutal high-knee that connects right to Yuuto's chest and chin, creating a wincing slap-like sound that echoes around the manor. The Knight drops to the ground, utterly dazed by the vicious attack while Nawin slowly brings his leg down and stare at his friend "I might have connected that too well" he admits.

Xenovia appears from the corner of a grass wall, holding three cold water bottles. She halts when spotting Yuuto on the ground with stars in his eyes. She shrugs and resumes walking. "Have you modified your fighting style, Nawin-senpai?" she asks, passing a bottle to the Makasha "I have actually..." he admits, rolling the cap open and brings the water to his lip, drinking a fair amount of it before pulling it back and turn to Xenovia "As you can see, now my style is much more connected and stiff. I now focus on the vital spots and use my full strength to that specific part to inflict more damage to my opponent."

Xenovia nod and smile in admiration "That's smart. Sword will always be my bread and butter but if I were to fight in hand to hand then I'm more of brawler" "There are some ups of being a brawler and downs... But, for a person like you, I say that works well" Nawin reply and turns to Yuuto, seeing him sitting up "You ok there?" "Urhhh... Yeah, a minute" he answers with a grunt, rubbing his head.

Xenovia smirk and kneel beside the blonde "Here," she passes the cold bottle "Some water will help you" "Thanks" Yuuto graciously accepts the water with a smile. Nawin examines the scene and a faint smile plastered on his face 'Those two really need to hit it off... They just need that final push. Hmm, maybe I should talk to Rias about this... She loves stuff like this.'

"Ara, ara... What are you three doing here this early in the morning?" an unmistaken voice appears from behind followed by a giggle that makes the three turn to see Akeno, still dressed in a plain white dress that she must have just randomly picked from the room's closet. "Morning exercise... You could say" Nawin answers and wrap his arm around the Himejima's waist when she stops beside him. The two share a good morning kiss. "Morning," Akeno whispers after pulling back and gives a bright smile to the Makasha, who returns with his own "You seem awfully happy?" he asks "Because I was able to finally sleep in the same bed with you" she answers which gets a chuckle out from all three present.