Chapter 18:Interesting Phone calls

"Mom, I had to go meet Alex's family." I whined into the phone, she was very angry with me for not coming to Thanksgiving like every year.

"This is a family holiday, Aubrey, not a 'meet the lead singer of your favorite band's parents holiday." My Mom said in her extremely pissed voice,

"I'm sorry, he's my b-o-y-f-r-i-e-n-d Mom, and we'll be there for Christmas, or at least I'll be there."

"Why wouldn't Alex come, is he to good for Christmas with someone not famous?"

"NO, because his brother commit suicide and he's the only child his parents have now." I told her, she jumps to conclusions without even knowing.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know."

"Just don't jump to conclusions, well I'm almost home now."

"Speaking of how much money do you need for rent?" Mom asked, her and dad always helped us out when we needed it.

"Um, none, we don't need rent anymore."

"Why?"

"Um, we moved in with the guys a few weeks ago."

"You, WHAT?"

"Moved in with Rian, Zack, Jack and Alex." I glanced over at Alex who was making a scared face, like he knew my Mom actually wanted to beat him.

"You've known these guys a little over a month, have you lost your mind?"

"I've known them for years, the are the only people who have yet to break my heart Mom."

"Oh my God they sing songs for a living, doesn't that make you think you could do better?"

"Hell no, it makes me think opposite."

"Why are you throwing your life away, I knw this Alex  character only functions because of sex, and do you want to be knocked up, do you?"

"MOM, I'M NOT GETTING PREGNANT! Okay, who do you think I am... Molly? Because if I remember correctly she's 18, I'm almost 21."

"I bet you drink, because Alex does, I know that for a fact."

"Mom, talk to Alex!' I handed him the phone.

"No ma'am, I don't want to get her pregnant, nor to I force alcohol down her throat," He paused while my mom spoke, "No I'm not trying to currupt her in anyway possible, nope I'm actually glad she goes to college makes her even more attractive to me." Alex said, mom said something else, "Yes Bye bye, Mrs. Cole." Said and mashed the end button, "She's protective..."

"Of course, that's in her handbook." I said, as we pulled into the driveway.