Chapter 20 (I think): The Funeral

Jack held my hand, rubbing circles on it ever so lightly, my Dad held my other hand, "We are gathered here today to say goodbye to a mother, a wife, a great friend to all. We hope to today to calm this family's grief that they are feeling." I stared straight ahead, hoping that noone would notice the tears, our the scars on my wrist. I came back from the thoughts I was having when everyone around me stood and was hugging me, Jack let go of my hand and went to go stand with Alex, Aubrey, Rian and Zack, I wanted to walk over there away from all the 'I'm sorry's' and 'she's with God's'.

I didn't talk to anyone, I haven't talked to anyone since she died, but to tell them that she did. Alex and Aubrey walked over to where me and Dad stood, "I'm sorry, again, Stacy." Alex said, hugging me while Aubrey said the same thing to my dad and hugged him.

"Stace, I know that you really wasn't close to her but if you need to talk you know where I live." She said, kissing the side of my head and winking at me.

Zack, Jack and Rian walked over to me, "Guys, don't even say it please." I said, a tear escaping my eye, "I can't." I cried, being a little more emotional than I've every been. Zack pushed Jack forward, I walked into his open arms, allowing myself to be comforted while the others gave their regrets to my Dad, who was holding himself together better than me and that was his wife!

"Its fine, I bet she just asked Jesus how his coffee was!" He said, trying to lighten the mood and make me smile, I had reasons to smile,  like having my friends who care enough to come and sit through my step-mom's funeral and I didn't even like her that much. That isn't nice to say about a dead woman, I told myself.