Chapter 37: Under a paper moon

Zack P.O.V.

I smiled at her, the girl whose name I believe is Mary. She was stunning in every way possible, the way her blonde hair flowed out around her shoulder's, the way her green eyes allowed me to see inside her soul, her pink lips, and her sunkissed skin. I still was staring into her eyes, I found that she was lost, hurt and in need of someone to care about her, and that was enough to break my heart in two. I stepped forward hesitantly, my eyes wide as could be, and took her hand and pulled her into a hug, hoping she'd realise she could trust me and be my friend. She wrapped her arms around me for a tiny second, then shrunk back. "How are you?" I asked her, still staring intently into her eyes.

"I dunno..." Her voice had a twinge of a British accent, it was adorable. Fuck, adorable, that's not a word in my vocabulary when describing girls. I sighed, the guys a looked at me as if I was growig a extra head out of my neck.

"Anything I, I mean, we can do to change that?" The guys snickered, mostly Rian, curse him!

"Um, can I get another hug?" She asked shyly, blushing slightly, I have never been so excited to hug a girl in my life.

"Heck yeah you can!" She stepped forward and wrapped her arms around me, I smilled to myself. I laid my chin to where it rested on the crown of her head. I didn't plan on moving an inch, her head turned and her face was soon in the middle of my chest, and she began sobbing, full out sobbing, she was shaking in my arms, I didn't know what to do. "Shh, sweetheart, please don't cry, please." I begged, wrapping my arms tighter around her.

"I.. can't help... it!" She sobbed, I stumbled back into a chair and put her on my lap and let her rest her face in the crook of my neck.

I looked at Alex and all her did was mouth whipped at me and look at me with a proud smirk on his face, I wanted to sock him for some reason, I mean this sweet girl is crying and he won't help her, I've helped Aubrey. Wait, did I generally just call this girl my Aubrey, what is my problem today, i mean really? "Shh, do you need somewhere to stay?" I asked, looking at the guys who all nodded at me.

"Please, i don't have nowhere to go!"

"Yes, you do, its called our house." I said, and kissed the top of her head, everyone in the room gasped, including Mary. I continued to ignore everyone and rock Mary back and forth in the chair that Jack normally occupied, right beside Stacy's bed. Within a few minutes I heard light snoring coming from the beautiful girl in my arms. I pushed her hair out of her face and planted a kiss on her cheek, "Nighty night, sweetdreams, Mary." I slowly stopped rocking back and forth and just enjoyed looking at her, safe in my arms.

"Zack." She muttered in a dreaming voice, she talks in her sleep, too cute.

"Mary, you're fine, i won't let nothing happen to you, I swear on my life." I said, rubbing her back and smiling at the peaceful look on her angelic face.

"Whipped, man." Jack said, laughing, "Whose whipped now? I do believe our Zacky is."

"Call me that, man, I'm not in the position to deny it." I smiled, still rubbing Mary's back. God, if this is love than I fully pledge myself to Mary.