Simple Reasoning, Hard Problems

Aubrey P.O.V.

"Aubrey, why?" Stacy just laid there and looked at me, frowning, she didn't want me to tell them.

"I have to, Stacy, I'm sorry." I placed my hand on her little bony one, I can't believe I didn't notcie she was getting smaller, I'm an awful best friend. "We were dress shopping with Rian and Zack and Zack gave her this one that was to little, and she tried it on and it wouldn't zip up, not that she was even big, but the dress was so fucking small, I assume she thought she needed to lose weight." I said, looking at my feet.

"Stacy, you were already tiny, why did you need to lose weight?" Matt asked, his eyes filled with tears.

"I liked the dress, Matt, it was perfect, but that was the biggest size they had, I had to fit in it." Stacy cried, tears streaming down her face, I squeezed her hand tighter.

"Why didn't you stop after you lost enough weight though?" Matt asked, holding her other hand, his tears finally coming out.

"I...I couldn't, I couldn't eat, if I did I felt fat." She said, dropping both of our hands, "And then Jack did what he did to me, that just made it worse, I can't help it, Matt, I can't help it." She sobbed, she was having a break down, a bad one at that.

"Stacy, don't cry, please, we'll get you on medicine, you're gonna be fine." Matt stroked her hair.

"No, I can't, Matt, I don't need medicine, I don't. I need someone to help me, I can't have anyone leave me again, it hurts to bad, please, don't leave me, like Jack or my brother. I don't want to get close if you can't swear to me that you won't ever leave me, or break me into thousands of little pieces, I'm finally standing up for myself, and you are not getting in unless you swear to me!" She yelled, a hurt and sad look croseed Matt's face as she yelled that at him.

"I swear to you, I can't nor won't do anything to hurt you, Stacy, I swear and I am going to get you through this, you aren't going through anything alone." He held her face cradled in his hand, her bloody and bruised face which is evidence of what a guy can do to you.

"Don't hit me, please." She whispered, she looked like a little girl again, back when her parents were fighting, I bent down and wrapped my arms around her bony body.

"Never." Matt whispered back to her.