Chapter 13: Nyctophobia

Author's note: So sorry to keep you all waiting. Here's the promised Sin-day chapter. It's a long one!

Also 300 extra reads over one weekend? Thank you all! Mint cookies for everyone!

-----

A familiar light fills Frisk's room. Sunlight is peering through the window. It seems their day is finally beginning. They are filled with love.

Chara was still lazily asleep in Frisk's bed, dreaming about a garden, made entirely of chocolate. While Frisk was already up, attending Asgore's non-chocolate garden once again.

Frisk loved gardening. They always loved the outside, especially with the great weather the town had been having recently. Asgore taught Frisk many techniques to growing healthy plants, and Frisk used plenty of them to make their backyard garden look as vibrant as ever. 

Frisk especially loved when Chara was with them gardening. Frisk was happier whenever Chara is near them. They both loved each other so much, and they won't admit it, but they both feel like something is missing from them if they aren't close to each other. Maybe this feeling is what drives them to embrace each other's love so often. The safety, the warmth, the feeling of love whenever they kiss makes them always want their companion close.

While Frisk enjoyed being outside, baking, and being active, Chara preferred to lay in bed, preferably with Frisk. Chara adored their living teddy bear. Frisk was so squishy and soft, as well as an amazing kisser. Chara also admired Frisk's bravery and determination. 

Chara watched as Frisk single-handedly saved an entire race from imprisonment within a mountain. They were attacked by so many monsters, and not once did they ever hurt anyone, aside from Asgore (But he destroyed the Mercy key, not like Frisk had a choice.) But even after they defeated Asgore, they spared him, willingly to stay underground just to keep him alive.

Frisk was the most kind and gentle soul Chara has ever known, and they feel like the luckiest person alive to be Frisk's chosen lover. It made Chara feel so proud and grateful when they thought about it.

Chara eventually woke up from their chocolaty terrace. They first noticed Frisk wasn't in their arms, and sat up quickly to look out their window, to see Frisk gardening in peace. Chara went to the washroom to clean themselves up and headed downstairs. They prepared some iced tea for the both of them, and took it outside. They sat in a chair near Frisk, and watched them as they worked.

When Chara came outside, Frisk turned and greeted them with a smile. They stood up and walked over to Chara, giving them a big good morning hug. 

"Hey cutie." Frisk said after they let go of the hug. 

Chara gained a small blush. Every compliment Frisk gave made them feel warm.

"Mom and dad went out to do...something? I kinda forgot since I was focused on the garden, but I think it was something involving ambassador stuff. They'll be gone for at least a few hours." Frisk exclaimed.

"Why didn't they bring you? You're an ambassador too I thought." Chara asked as they sipped their tea.

"They are still the king and queen technically, so I guess it's more of an adult matter than one for me. But, we'll be alone for a few hours to do whatever." Frisk said with a deep smile. Chara blushed and pulled at their shirt collar.

"It's really warm out today...Do you wanna head inside and just watch TV or something?" Chara offered, fanning themselves slightly.

Frisk nodded and headed inside with Chara. Chara headed to the couch, and Frisk went to the sink and washed their hands free of any dirt, and then joined Chara on the couch. Chara slept in quite late today, and so the sun was already beginning to set slightly.