Chapter 65: Heart and Soul

Author's note: A request by Smiling_Nightmare, fulfilled by me. :3

Don't hold back requests everyone. It makes it easier for me to write when I know what my audience wants! :3

-----

Life is like a canvas.

When you take love and apply it, magnificent and beautiful colors shine through the silken sheet.

When two people can come together to make one beautiful and perfect piece,

That's true love.

Parting from the usual, Chara was snuggling into Frisk's neck for a change, and Frisk held them tightly with a bright, sleepy smile on their face. Frisk's left hand held Chara's right, and settled it on their chest softly. Their fingers wrapped around each other's hands as they slept, and held happily. Chara's other arm and hand wrapped around Frisk's back comfortably, and grabbed onto their side gently where it rested. Whilst Frisk's free hand wrapped around Chara's back, and pulled them closer.

Chara enjoyed this position as much as Frisk usually did, since their pillow couldn't compare to the softness of each other's bodies. Chara loved to be held and cradled as they slept, just as Frisk did. It felt warm, safe, and immensely comfortable to lay against each other, while having their arms wrapped around them. Heat could easily build, comfort flooded their minds, happiness flourished everywhere, and a feeling of safety was always present.

Chara nuzzled themselves against Frisk's chest and sweater, exfoliating their face on the soft silk and fluff of Frisk's chest and sweater. It made them tingle all over, and made their heart flutter with love and happiness.

Chara now understood why Frisk nuzzled their chest so often.

Eventually, Frisk was awoken by the soft light beaming in through their balcony window, and their eyelids flickered open. They remained laying down, but looked down to see Chara sleeping happy on their chest.

Frisk smiled and squeezed Chara's hand they were holding, and felt Chara squeeze back. It made Frisk smile even brighter.

Frisk tightened their hug on Chara, and closed their eyes as they waited for Chara to awaken as well.

Meanwhile, Chara was dreaming of just hugging Frisk in a colorful, open, and beautiful house. The two were just holding each other tightly while kneeling on the ground. The embrace was soft, warm, and comforting.

The two nuzzled against each other with arms wrapped tightly around one another safely, and it made Chara feel immensely happy from this dream.

Chara thought they never wanted this dream to end, but they realized Frisk was real, and they could easily live out their dream.

The dream eventually faded into a black shroud, and Chara began to return to the conscious world. Their eyes slowly opened, and they felt themselves holding Frisk's hand, laying on Frisk, and also their arm wrapped happily around Frisk's back. Chara angled their head to look upwards while still laying on Frisk comfortably.

Frisk felt the movement and looked down to see Chara's tired, yet immaculately beautiful red eyes. They shined with the reflection of the early morning sun.

They both smiled upon meeting each other's loving gaze, and Chara nuzzled Frisk's chest as they did, and then said,

"Good morning my love."

Frisk's heart may have skipped a beat.

"Morning, my perfect lover."

Their hugs tightened.