Chapter 137: (Goat) Mother's Day

Author's note: May 14th, Mother's day. Wish your mom a happy day, and give her a hug.

-----

Behind every great athlete,

Behind every great scientist,

Behind anyone who's ever found success, has yet to find it, or anywhere else,

A mother stand proudly behind them, ready to help in every way.

Thanks to Chara's loving and helpful self, she was successful in helping bring Frisk out of her previously bad mood, since she woke up with achy muscles, stubbed her toe, and spilled her cheer-up tea on her foot.

But nothing cheers Frisk up faster than attention from Chara.

As the two sat on the game-room couch, kissing and sharing in embrace and feelings, they both heard a pair of feet coming down the stairs slowly. Asgore turned the corner, appearing in the corner of Chara's curious eye. She stopped kissing Frisk for a moment, getting her to open her eyes and look towards Asgore, who was in the kitchen and awake much earlier than he usually would, especially for the weekend.

"Good morning dad. You're up early." Chara said to him.

Asgore looked over and noticed Chara and Frisk very close to each other, and he smiled and waved.

"Good morning, my children. What might you be doing up this early as well? You two usually stay in bed with each other until noon." He said while grabbing a cup from the cupboard, and a packet for his tea.

"Frisk woke up with some achy muscles, a stubbed toe, and some other bad-morning stuff. I woke up to cheer her up." Chara said, turning back to Frisk with soft eyes, and then a quick kiss.

Asgore's smile widened.

"Well, it seems it worked." He said cheerfully, earning a smile out of the two girls.

Asgore turned on the kettle, and after a moment of silence, Frisk spoke up.

"So, why are you up this early, dad?" She asked.

He looked to his left and right secretively, like he had some sort of secret.

"Well, Mother's day is today, as you two might know, so I wanted to prepare some things for your mother. She works hard to teach, keep you two happy, and maintain the house." He said, walking towards the two and standing by the couch.

"Oh! Mother's day! We totally need to get a card for mom! And some flowers, the entire world, maybe the solar system..." Frisk began, making Asgore and Chara snicker a bit.

"She does deserve that, doesn't she? I actually still feel bad that she kinda...had to see me dead actually bury me. I have no idea how to make it up to her. All I can think of is a card, flowers, some chocolate, maybe some pie?" Chara suggested.

"Do not worry about the previous trauma, Chara. You being back is more than enough to cheer her up from that. She's also been more than happy to see her newest child fall in love with her oldest adopted one. Nothing makes her more child-like than seeing you two in embrace." Asgore admitted, walking back to the kitchen as the kettle whistled.

"Awe, goat-mom ships us hard." Frisk said jokingly.

"So dad, what do you have planned? You always were a romantic back in the underground." Chara noted.

Asgore lightly laughed.

"I plan to take your mother to the park for a walk once it becomes dark out. She always loved walks out in the castle garden down in the underground after dark. Afterwards, I plan to take her to Grillby's restaurant, where I have a special reservation and plan with Grillby to make it a very enjoyable meal. Finally, I will escort her to the edge of Mt. Ebott, where we will look out over the city, and the stars above. It seems like a perfect place for me to recite my vows from our marriage." Asgore said, with deep love on his mind.