Chapter 20: Snowy Wonderland

Author's note: Thanks a million to Tumblr user "Sweetheartsola" for their custom chapter cover! How extremely generous of them! :333

Reminder that I am always open to any suggestions. I like audience feedback. :3

-----

Soft, white fluff rained gently upon the ground, giving the grass a glistening shine in the sun. The air became chilly, and everything turned seemingly white. 

Winter had arrived.

The colder weather meant a chilly house. But to Frisk and Chara, that only meant they had to cuddle more often to keep warm. They both loved winter.

Chara had awoke to empty arms, and a cold bed. They rubbed their eyes and looked at the clock as their vision readjusted. The clock said '12:05 pm', meaning Frisk had probably gotten up by now. Chara wished Frisk stayed with them in the bed, but Chara could easily just go down and meet Frisk. Chara sat up, stretched, and walked over to the window and gained a shock.

Snow was falling in puffy flakes onto the landscape. The white cloak covered everything in sight. The leaf-less trees had an outline of thin snow, making them stand out in beauty. The gentle flowing of the snow was calming to watch, and the thick piles of snow made the ground seem puffy and soft. The winter wind was slow today, causing the flakes falling to seemingly swirl and dance in the sky. Chara was fascinated.

Chara never got to experience real snow before, due to the underground's split climates and overall weird weather. They occasionally got rain around the Capital, but only Snowdin got actual snow, and even then, Chara never really went to Snowdin. Chara spent most of their time in the underground hanging around the Capital. Asgore's castle was big enough for Chara to keep themselves entertained for many hours, but they ventured outside the castle for some snacks, or a game of 'Hide and Seek' with Asriel. 

Chara wishes that Asriel could see this.

After Chara's bout of reminiscing, they decided to head downstairs and see their lover again. They walked downstairs to see the TV on, but muted. Chara also noticed a slightly tanned leg hanging off of the couch. Chara walked up behind the couch and saw Frisk peacefully taking a nap. Chara grew a loving smile and just stared at the sleeping angel.

Frisk had their hands placed on their chest, covering each other softly. Their left leg was laid straight, while the right leg had fallen on the floor. Chara just absolutely adored Frisk's sleepy face. Everything about them looked so peaceful and cute, that Chara had to resist the urge to just pinch Frisk's cheeks. 

Frisk must have been tired out from the hard labor yesterday raking, and didn't get enough sleep last night, so they decided to have an early nap. Watching Frisk's gentle form had made Chara tired as well, and they thought of a way to join Frisk on the couch. Chara went next to Frisk's head, and lifted them as gently as possible up, so Chara could place themselves beside them. Once Frisk sat upright, - still asleep - Chara stretched out across the couch and placed Frisk gently down on top of their chest, so that Frisk could use Chara's chest and sweater as a pillow.

As Chara settled down, they eased themselves with Frisk on top of them. Frisk's light form was a comfortable weight on Chara, and they loved having Frisk to hug when they slept together. Frisk loved having Chara as a large body pillow as well, and was used to the treatment. Chara could feel Frisk's heartbeat increase once they laid against Chara.

The sleeping Frisk recognized Chara's comfortable body, and sub-consciously snuggled in deeper into their sweater. Frisk's arms slowly wrapped around Chara's sides until their were gently hugging Chara. Chara hugged back. Chara was happy they were once again with Frisk, since they could barely handle being separated for long. Once Frisk was fully snuggled in, Chara could swear they saw Frisk grow a smile.

Chara laid still with Frisk breathing calming on top of them for a few minutes. As time passed gently, they ran a few fingers through Frisk's fluffy hair, and then cupped Frisk's soft cheek. They held it for a moment before their consciousness began to fade, and they were swept away into sleep.

Eventually, Frisk awoke and was initially confused. They pulled their head slightly up as they felt the surface they laid upon was moving slowly up and down. They saw they were on top of Chara, and smiled. As Frisk moved, Chara awoke with them. They smiled at each other, and Frisk crawled up on Chara to kiss them.

"Heya." Chara said. Frisk giggled, and tighten their hug around Chara. Frisk then turned their attention outside.

"Did you see all the snow outside?!" Frisk exclaimed quickly. "I wanna go play in it!"

Chara groaned and hugged Frisk tight. "But it's cold...and I love holding you." 

"Come on, you butt! We gotta play in the snow!" Frisk said as they pulled themselves and Chara up from the couch.

Frisk quickly put on their shoes and only a pair of gloves, since they remembered Snowdin wasn't terribly cold, so how bad could the surface be? Chara joined them and decided a pair of gloves would be good enough anyway, since they didn't care regardless.

Frisk jumped outside and landed in the soft, and very cold snow. They winced and jumped out of instinct, but got used to the feeling of the white fluff, and sat within the snow, making shapes out of the snow on the ground near them. Chara laid on their stomach and watched Frisk enjoying the snow. Frisk was extremely happy and cheerful, and it made Chara's heart skip a few beats. 

Frisk pulled Chara beside them and told them to lay on their back. Chara complied, and Frisk instructed Chara on how to make 'Snow-angels'. They both spent a few minutes digging themselves into the snow, and sat up once they felt it sufficed.

Frisk was beaming at their own angel, extremely happy with how fun the snow was, despite it's temperature. Chara was also admiring their own snow angel...

But Chara's real angel was right beside them, glowing with happiness.

While Frisk played around in the snow, Chara just stared lovingly. Everything about Frisk was perfect to Chara. Their fluffy and soft dark brown hair, their adorable face and tasty lips, the way they are always cuddly and loving. Chara wondered what they did to deserve such a perfect person.

After Frisk ran out of things to do in the snow, they headed inside and dusted themselves off of any snow. Frisk playfully ran a hand over Chara's booty, earning a gasp out of Chara, and a playful glare. Frisk smile weakened Chara, and they just tightly hug Frisk. Chara went into the kitchen and prepare two mugs of hot cocoa, while Frisk grabbed a fluffy white blanket from their room. They both sat next to each other on the couch, and turned on a romance movie.

They both leaned against each other shoulders, and held hands with their free hands as they watched the movie peacefully together. The warmth of the blanket and being close by made both of their hearts beat faster. They always felt fuzzy and cozy while they were close.

They were both the happiest they could be, as long as they had each other close by.

"I love you Frisk."

"I love you Chara."

Nothing could compare to the love they shared.

-----

Thanks again everyone for over 800 reads in less than 24 hours :D 

<Throws mint cookies everywhere>

<<Double thanks for that awesome artwork, Sweetheartsola :3>>