Chapter 151: Affliction Returns

Author's note: Cover by the usual amazing FuzzyRaichuRoxYT. :3

Endlessly adorable. :3

As a reference to Chapter 21, Affliction vs Affection.

I've been away for a while. School and depression, yadda yadda. :3

Have a nice, long chapter. :3

-----

Tread lightly, those who aid others from the dark abyss that is Depression.

'Tis an abyss that hunts without discrimination, from the darkest heart to the purest.

Those who dwell and pull others out, risk being pulled in themselves.

Stay strong, for the reward of helping those in need...

Out-weighs any detrimental effects.

Snuggled together lightly on the bed, Chara and Frisk hold tightly under heavy covers, using the warmth from the fluffy blankets mixed with the love of each other's bodies as means of recovering from the icy rains from outdoors. The two laid peacefully, with Frisk laying on top of a softly-breathing Chara. She rested both of her arms lightly around Frisk's back, hugging her close during this nap, hugging as tightly as Frisk did under Chara's back.

Locked like the most perfect puzzle pieces, they held closely, blushing softly in their sleep and regaining their lost energy, and replacing their chill with the warmth and comfort of love.

A glimpse into their most comfortable room, when the two first walked in from the cold rain, the almost nostalgic feeling of comfort filled them. Walking in through the door let them gaze around at their light-purple carpet, basic white walls blank like a canvas, and the decorations that made the room so preciously familiar.

Through their adventures on the surface, Chara and Frisk had managed to collect quite a few things to decorate their canvas walls. Several game posters for the gaming-fanatic Chara, various drawings from her past, and new ones made along-side Frisk. A statuette souvenir of Toriel, gotten specifically from a mall visit as a joke, and a few stickers placed on their end-tables lamp. Frisk decorated the walls with fitting paints, one being a rainbow, a small depiction of Chara and Frisk holding hands, and a few random streaks of color in wavey-formations.

With their sense of creativity, the plain white walls were decorated with care and personality. But the walls alone don't make-up their room.

The entrance to their room was a door placed, if looking from straight up, against the bottom side of the right in the corner. It opened against the right side, leaving a large space for their furniture. To the left of the door was first an end-table touching their queen-sized bed. Atop this end-table held two plushies of the girls, a lamp that rests like a chair on 4 supports, and a friendly little stowaway that sits under-neath that risen lamp.

Muffin, the cute little cashier that manned the register at Muffet's bakery stuck with Frisk and Chara on their way home, and he makes his little house under their end-table lamp, using tissues as structure. He also comes with the helpful ability of clearing out any unwanted pests in their house, which the family all appreciated greatly.

Aside from him, the statuette Chara owned sat on the end-table as well. Usually the two kept their cellphones on this end-table when they weren't out, placed near their alarm-clock.

Directly beside the end-table, to the left if seen from above, was their queen-sized bed. A comfy, warmth, plushie-decorated bed with plenty of covers to keep the two warm, if somehow their close snuggles weren't warming enough. A hand-knitted blanket laid as the decorative top cover of their blankets, a crochet depiction of Asgore, Toriel, Asriel, Chara, and Frisk all together in a small hug. Their mattress sat on a nicely crafted wooden frame, decorative and beautiful, lofting the bed a few centimeters above the ground, leaving space under their bed for friendly monsters, or storage.