Chapter 138: Irresistible Squish

Author's note: :eton s'rohtuA

-----

The one thing worth living for in this world is love.

To those without it, it can seem bleak, pointless.

Please hold on.

Love is the greatest thing that could ever happen to you.

At the end of a very mother-appreciative day for Toriel, the family got together on the couch of the game room, and put on a silly movie to watch and bond over together.

Toriel, while leaning against Asgore, gently hugging the arm he had around her, was filled with thoughts of love, appreciation, and pride for her family. Mother's day might've been coming to an end, but she was still incredibly happy regardless. She received gifts, kind words, and familial affection, which made her proud to be the mother she always wanted to be. 

The sun was beginning to lower past the mountains, leaving the sky pink as the far-away star made its daily escape out of sight. With each passing moment, the light in the house dimmed and changed color, beginning as the golden yellow, fading to a light orange, and eventually a light pink as the shadows creeped up the walls.

Frisk and Chara sat together on the couch while watching the movie, as usual. Frisk sunk into Chara's loving and inescapable grasp, sitting on her lap, leaning against her chest, and placing her head against Chara's left shoulder. Chara wrapped her arms around Frisk, trapping her happily and squeezing her like an adorable teddy all throughout the movie.

As time passed slowly for the family, the sun set completely, leaving nothing but the city and the stars above to illuminate the dark world. An invisible torch of love burned the brightest within their lives however, each family member having someone to love and care for, keeping the torches burning as bright as possible.

The movie was nearing its end, but the darkness of the room, love being felt, and stress of life had been making Toriel feel drowsy. Her happy laid within her husband's grasp and hold, and he was very comfortable. Toriel's eyes were having a hard time keeping open, despite wanting to enjoy the setting for as long as possible. But, she was losing the battle to keep her eyes open, and they slowly closed.

Asgore didn't notice for a while, but when he looked down, he smiled at his wife sleeping on him, and gave her a loving, gentle squeeze.

He turned to the girls laying in each other's laps, and used his one free hand to get her attention. When they looked over, he silently used motions to convey his message, which they got. The two happily and quietly got up, leaving the room to give them privacy in their temporary bedroom.

As the two turned from the kitchen to the hallway and up the stairs, they quietly began whispering to each other.

"They're falling asleep on the couch together! That's so cute!" Frisk said, bringing her hands to her cheeks and smiling.

Chara smiled, both at the thought of the parents, and at how adorable Frisk was, violently shipping her own parents. Who were married. For years.

They both arrived in their room, and while Frisk hopped into the bed and quickly made herself comfortable, Chara shut the door, turned off the light, and removed her socks. She climbed in beside Frisk, and the two followed their routine of wrapping their arms tightly around each other's backs, pulling their bodies happily close, and shared a warm, soft, and tingly kiss.

When they let go of the kiss, waves of heat and tingles surged through their bodies, making Frisk shiver a bit, and smile brightly. The two looked into each other's ruby-red eyes, and Frisk rubbed her cheek on Chara's affectionately.