Chapter 147: Photomania

Author's note: Uhhhh...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Quiette

Add me I guess? x3

-----

A fear of the dark,

Warrants a love of the light.

Like a moth to the flame,

Or Chara to her lover.

Tightly hugged together on the love-chair, Chara and Frisk happily and quietly watch television with their parents, the King and Queen, who remain as in-love with each other as the two girls that sat nearby.

The gentle sounds of the screen played as the illumination of the box appears to have a stronger effect each minute as the sun began to set behind Mt. Ebott. The usual pink and orange colors of the sunset began to form along the edge of the mountain, as well as the clouds. The longer the family watched their shows, the further the sun went down, and the more yawns that the room heard.

Frisk's eyes were having a hard time staying open, as Chara's body and arms were wrapped tightly around her, keeping her warm and safe, with her barely focusing on the television, letting it just act as quiet and relaxing white-noise. Every now and then her eyes would shut, and when she realized what she was doing, they'd jolt open, and she'd try to focus them again before the same cycle repeated.

Chara watched and adored Frisk as her head sunk occasionally. Watching Frisk struggle with her own ability to stay awake was adorable and funny, and it was infinitely more entertaining than the television. She mostly kept her eyes on her beautiful, cute, innocent wife.

The older goat-parents were ready for sleep as well, since the two have been a busy busier than usual.

Asgore, the math and physical-education teacher, as well as botanist for his own garden and the school's, had been working a little overtime. He had to prepare for the children returning to the school, which meant finalizing his summer-time lessons, and beginning his repair of the school gardens, front and horticultural. His honed skills as a horticulturalist made the gardening part easy, but constructing semester's worth of lessons for math and PE over the summer had been a challenge.

Toriel, an overall teacher and principal had a much more stressful time, managing classes, schedules, workers, curriculum's, and all sorts of schools things. The two kept sane and happy by coming home to each other, and leaving their problems at the door. Their work was smooth anyway, and they looked forward to the coming first day.

Meanwhile, the happily school-free Chara and Frisk happily laid together, with one watching the other struggle to stay awake.

Asgore looked up at the clock placed above the television, and nudged Toriel, pointing up at it. They checked the time, and Toriel agreed it was a good time to sleep.

"We'll be heading to sleep, children. Don't stay up too late, it's unhealthy on your growing bodies." Asgore said, standing up, helping Toriel up as well. They walked over to the stairs, waving at the two while they went up, and disappeared left.

Frisk was too drowsy to wave back, so Chara took her floppy hand and wiggled it back, getting a playful smile from Toriel and Asgore. When they left Chara set Frisk's hand down and raised her droopy, drowsy head up by the chin. She looked Frisk deep into her ruby-red eyes.

"Are you feeling sleepy yet?" She joked.

"Uh-huh..." Frisk said softly, scooting herself forward and flopping her body-weight onto Chara. She slid her arm under Frisk's knees and on her back, and carried her up like a child to the bedroom.