Chapter 22: A Crystal Heaven

Author's note: Happy birthday to me! 18!

That aside, wow, I'm 22 chapters into this fluff-fest with no signs of stopping. I thank you all so much for all the support, comments, and all that stuff. Thanks everyone <3

(Also 8000 reads is flipping awesome, thanks! :3 :3 :3)

Edit: As of April 28th, 2017, I'm 19 now. x3

-----

Frisk relaxed into a patch of Golden Flowers on a perfect, bright, sunny day.

The sun was shining brightly down upon their tanned skin, giving their body a toasty-warm feeling. The wind ruffled the petals of the patch gently, while the clouds moved slowly. The noises were calming and relaxing, like a slice of Heaven.

Frisk looked to their left and smiled at Chara, who was napping within their arm. They both were resting together within the field of flowing Golden Flowers. Frisk was extremely happy when they were around Chara, and when Chara wasn't with them for some reason, they both begin to feel an itch. An itch... part of themselves missing. They both meant everything to the other, and they couldn't bear ever losing each other. They couldn't imagine what they'd do if one of them was lost.

Chara pulled themselves up to Frisk's face and stared intensely. Chara locked hands with Frisk and they asked,

"Frisk...will you marry me?"

Frisk grew a wide smile.

"Of course I will. I love you."

They both smiled widely, and leaned into each other for a warm kiss under the sun.

As their lips met, the illusion faded, and Frisk awoke. Their heart was pounding with love and excitement. Their eyes adjusted and their stared up at Chara, who was still asleep. Frisk smiled at them, remembering vividly their proposal.

Frisk would gladly marry Chara.

The morning sun was hitting Frisk's back as they stared up at Chara. Chara's arms were loosely wrapped around Frisk, lovingly holding them as they slept, as Frisk did the same. Frisk gently turned over and backed themselves against Chara. Chara awoke momentarily, locked their hands around Frisk's chest, and fell back asleep. They spooned for a long while before naturally getting up, showering, and going downstairs.

Frisk looked outside to see a fresh white blanket covering the streets. The snow was glittering off the sun, while the icicles hanging from the roof gave their own glisten, and melting drops. The temperature was cold enough for any puddles on the streets to be frozen over solid, giving Frisk a bright idea. They ran into the game room, and looked up the location of the nearest lake.

Frisk wanted to go skating.

Frisk was naturally talented at skating due to experience. Before their fall into Mt. Ebott, they had always looked forward to the cold winter for the large bodies of water to freeze over, so they could dance over the ice. Frisk loved skating. The feeling was like gliding over the ground, spinning and twirling with grace as they soared high and free. Now they wanted to share this feeling with Chara.

Once they had the page open to a map, they walked upstairs to Toriel's room, and gently awoke her. Frisk pitched their skating idea to Toriel, and they became excited. Toriel had gone into the basement and pulled out a pair of old skates, that were in well-maintained condition. Toriel explained that the skates were her old ones when she was younger, and she kept them healthy in-case she ever got back into skating.

Frisk tried them on and they fit perfectly. Toriel scrounged around and stumbled upon Asriel's old pair as well. Toriel was sure Asriel's would fit Chara, since they were relatively the same size at the time. Once Frisk was done testing the skates for size, they walked upstairs to awaken Chara.