Chapter 82: Comforting Embrace

Author's note: Necessary cuddly chapter to help cope with things. :3

-----

"I choose you. And I'll choose you over and over and over. Without pause, without a doubt, in a heartbeat. I'll keep choosing you."  - Unknown.

In the most comforting, safe, and calming spot in the world, Chara and Frisk were lying quietly within each other's arms.

The time was a few hours past noon, and after being told of a surprise end-summer barbecue hosted by the Dreemurrs, Chara and Frisk headed back upstairs to hold tightly and share a bit of love before the fun event began. They were both excited for the event, with Frisk showing more enthusiasm than Chara, but Chara was still excited nonetheless. As Frisk paced back and fourth, droning on in mindless excitement and such, Chara did something they knew Frisk would enjoy.

Chara got up, hugged Frisk tightly, and leaned them both onto the bed, where Chara began a barrage of tiny kisses all over Frisk's cheeks and lips. Frisk was giggling in an extremely adorable way the entire time, and it warmed Chara's heart. Both the kissing, the feeling of Frisk in their arms, and hearing their adorable laugh made them fall in love even more.

Chara didn't think they could love Frisk anymore than they did already, but everyday they were proven wrong.

Frisk felt all kinds of warmth and tingles all over them, and tickles wherever Chara was kissing them. Their lips were warm and soft, and left trails of tingles and warmth with every tiny smooch. The hug they held Frisk with was protective and tight, playfully stopping any attempts at escape, but mainly as a show of affection, and their fill of hugs.

After Chara finished their smooches, they stared at Frisk lovingly as they continued to giggle and smile. Seeing Frisk's bright teeth and hearing their soft laugh made Chara feel something they couldn't explain. It was as if their entire body reacted positively to seeing and hearing Frisk being happy. Their heart warmed, their brain flowed with relaxing feelings, they got urges to kiss and hug Frisk even more to see them happy again, and they embraced the fact they were holding Frisk close to them. Chara squeezed Frisk, squishing them into their chest, and leaned their head on Frisk's.

Frisk's eyes opened upon being squeezed lovingly, and they looked up at Chara, who was leaning their head with their eyes closed on Frisk's head. Frisk saw Chara's bright smile, gained their own, and closed their eyes as they buried into Chara's comforting chest and arms. They held this position for several minutes, both of them not wanting the other to let go, and being very happy with their lives.

Their several minutes lasted longer than expected, and soon Toriel knocked on the door and gently walked in to see Chara and Frisk squeezing tightly, holding close and generally being a very adorable sight. Toriel gained a bright blush upon seeing the two, and almost forgot the reason she visited them.

"Hello my adorable children! I would like you remind you both that the event is in an hour. Now would be a good time to dress yourselves in something that is not pajamas." She said.

Upon hearing Toriel, the two opened their eyes and looked at her, and Frisk gave a tiny wave with their loose hand. She waved back, and Frisk waved her away. After spending a few more minutes in a tight embrace, Chara finally loosen their head, stared Frisk in the eyes for a moment, and kissed them for as long as they could hold their breath. Finally after Chara pulled away, they let go, and they both stood up.

"Man. It sure is hard to stop cuddling you." Chara said jokingly as they headed to the closet for clothing.

"Agreed. I have no idea what it is, but being held by you make me really really happy." Frisk replied, waiting for Chara.

Chara grabbed shorts for themselves, and gently tossed Frisk their usual pair. Chara grabbed their own underwear and walked towards the door. Before they left to get changed properly, they turned to Frisk and said,

"We did this in the shower already, don't walk in on me this time, alright?" Chara said in a joking tone. Frisk giggled back.

"No promises." They said flirtatiously. Chara covered their mouth to snicker once more.

Once Chara left, Frisk got changed into proper non-pajamas underwear, dark brown shorts, a proper undershirt, and their usual sweater. They also grabbed a brush and fixed their messy hair, since the shower incident distracted them from fixing it earlier. Once Frisk was content with their looks, they stood in front of their mirror, spun a few times, gave themselves finger-guns, and sat on the bed cross-legged as they waited for Chara. 

Chara had also the same routine as Frisk, but wore a lighter shade of brown for shorts, a similar undershirt, their own sweater, and a head-shake to fix their hair. Using their hand they fixed the rest of their hair, and went back into their room after finishing. 

Chara re-joined Frisk in their room. As soon as they entered, Frisk held their bright smile and stuck their arms out, awaiting Chara to fill them. Chara sat beside Frisk, and they hugged close, squishing their sweaters together and nuzzling lovingly.

One of the best part about hugging Frisk, aside from their soft skin and the fact they were hugging Frisk, their true love, Chara adored Frisk's sweater. The fabric seemed to be the same as the one they wore, but the squishy and comfortable feeling it added to their hugs just seemed to make Frisk squishier than usual. The sweater fit both Frisk and Chara quite loosely, adding further comfort, but still fitting quite well. It was a subtle addition to hugging Frisk or Chara, but regardless, they still loved hugging, no matter if they had their sweaters on or not.

The two snuggled together, waiting for the time their parents would come upstairs and bring them to the event. While they had time, they just come together and enjoyed their true love's presence and affection. 

There was still nothing more satisfying than a tight hug on the person you love most.

When the time came, Toriel came upstairs once again to see her children together in a loving and protective hug. She couldn't help but blush and stare at the two for a while, admiring how much they truly loved one another. It seemed whenever she saw them, they were always with one another, and usually within a hug. If not a hug, it was still some form of tight embrace and body contact, further showing how much they wanted to be together, and how much it showed they were each other's missing half.

When she blinked back to reality, she greeted them, bringing them out of their dazed enjoyment of the hug.

"Greetings, my lovable children. The time of the event is upon us, and I ask you both to join me to the car. We shall be driving to the mountain side now." She said.

Frisk and Chara opened their eyes, shared a kiss, and stood up, where Frisk grabbed Chara's hand and pulled them quickly past Toriel, down the stairs, out the door, and into the car's backseat, where they resumed their cuddly position. Shortly after, Asgore appeared through the mirror holding covered plates, presumably filled with the various meat and animal sustenance. Toriel also came out with a large pan, holding very visibly a cherry-covered cheesecake. Seeing the dessert excited Frisk.

Frisk turned slightly to see Chara holding an affectionate gaze at them. They smiled back and said,

"Cheesecake can't compare to how sweet you are though." Frisk said. They saw Chara's smile widen.

Frisk thought they could do better.

"And it tastes nowhere near as good." They added, and leaned forward to give a long and extremely pleasurable kiss.

When Frisk pulled away, Chara was giggled slightly, and their smile was satisfyingly bright.

Frisk felt victorious.

After the parents finished storing the items in the trunk, they climbed into the car, and Asgore started the engine. Everyone was buckled in, and he began the drive to the mountain, where a day of fun and friends awaited. 

In the tight embrace of a lover, no man or woman can feel happier.

-----

Alright I'm sorry for holding off the big event again, but I really felt like I needed to do a cuddly and lovey-dovey chapter for myself. Sorry everyone. x3

Thanks for 85K reads by the way. Much appreesh. :3

See you Sunday. :3