Chapter 15: Sweet as Cotton Candy

Author's note: We did it! 3000 reads! I can't hold all these mint cookies!

Serious note: As I've said many times before, thank you all so much. I still aim for daily updates, but I would appreciate suggestions, since I'd like to put in a few requests. :3

(And also because I might be running a bit low on ideas.)

Edit: 90 chapters later, this looks funny. x3

-----

As time passed, the warm air begins to cool. The bright green leaves on trees begin to fade to beautiful mixtures of brown, gold, and red. The gentle warm breeze has become a cooling, chilly gust.

Autumn has arrived, and with it; all of it's colorful grace.

Chara and Frisk sleep peacefully together in Frisk's bed, under a few extra fluffy blankets. They hold each other close as they embrace each other's warmth. Since the outside air was cold enough to cool the house, Toriel had turned off the AC, and awaited winter before turning the heat on. To Frisk and Chara, that just means they have more of a reason to snuggle.

Chara had dug them self deeply into the fluff of the bed. They were between a soft, fluffy blanket, and an even softer Frisk. They squeezed their arms, and felt Frisk return the squeeze. They smiled and opened their eyes. Chara met Frisk's gaze, and they laid together, still hugging. Morning squishy hugs were their favorite.

Frisk sat up, and Chara joined. As Frisk stretched, Chara wrapped themselves around Frisk again, before they both got up to prepare for the day. As usual, Frisk was finished first and came downstairs to see Toriel sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee in her left hand, and a newspaper in the right. She turned to see Frisk and gave them a big smile. Frisk ran up to her and gave her a big hug, which Toriel returned after placing the cup down. Frisk peered at the paper Toriel was reading.

"Anything cool?" Frisk asked.

"As a matter of fact, yes! There seems to be a 'carnival' that has opened nearby, and will remain present for the week. It has a wide assortment of interesting attractions. My child, would you like me to take you there today?" Toriel said.

Frisk gained a wide smile. They loved the idea of carnivals. Frisk could go through some angled mirrors with Chara, and laugh as they saw the shapes they both made. The sweets were a great though as well. Since Frisk loved candy, they instantly thought of cotton candy. The soft floss would be a great treat they could share with Chara as well. 

Frisk also wondered if the 'Tunnel of Love' would be available. As cheesy as it is, they would love to try it with Chara.

Frisk shook their head quickly at Toriel. Toriel gave a wide smile before rubbing Frisk's head. 

"I assume you want to take Chara with you, my child?" Toriel winked.

"Mom, by now you know I won't willingly go anywhere without them." Frisk gave their brightest smile.

Toriel laughed. "You two are just the cutest humans I have ever seen." Frisk blushed at the comment.

"I will wait for you both to be ready. Come to me once you are both properly prepared for the chilly weather." Toriel said as she crossed her legs and turned back to her newspaper.

Frisk turned and dashed up the stairs to their room and grabbed dark blue jeans, a black science pun shirt which read "I make science puns periodically", and their favorite sweater. Frisk grabbed a book and sat on their bed, waiting patiently for Chara. Chara eventually walked into the room with only their underwear and a small undershirt on. They were still wet from their shower.