Chapter 148: Through the Dark

Author's note: Here we go ;3

Thanks as usual to the ever-talented Erin-Neeza for this cover. It's super freakin' cute. :333

This is just a small, slow chapter involving some little conversations and cuddling, with kisses. Didn't have a massive plan, just something small to fuel my sudden burst of motivation. :3

-----

I, myself, see no better way to wake up.

You look down at the beautiful person in your arms.

They clutch you like a teddy-bear.

You hold them as if you're protecting them.

Waking up to seeing someone love you so much...

That's what I wish for daily.

What I wish for you all to have.

As they say, the sun shines brightest after the darkest night, and in Chara's mind, this was nothing but true.

Hours of a pleasant dream of living in paradise with her beautiful, precious lover, Chara's eyes gently squinted as the light from the window shone into their room, making the room illuminate. The darkness was burned away by the beautiful golden sunshine, leaving just bright, cheerful light to fill the room.

As the light laid against Chara's eyelids due to their bed being directly left of the door to the room, the window on the back right of the wall aimed light at Chara. Frisk was safely burying herself in Chara's shoulder, so the light stayed out of her eyes. But as it brightened Chara's vision, her conscious returned, and her eyelids slowly opened.

She looked around, making sure everything was real this time. Her test was kissing the top of Frisk's head, and seeing Frisk smile, hum, and nuzzle Chara confirmed that she was awake, and happy. She smiled softly, and ran her hand slowly back and fourth across Frisk's back, petting her.

"You truly are a gift, Frisk. Loving me all the time...saving me from my nightmares...you're the sunshine in my cloudy grey days..." She whispered to Frisk, giving her another kiss, and watching her squirm to nuzzle Chara back.

She gently pulled Frisk tighter into a hug, squishing her softness against Chara's body. Chara never could get enough of how soft Frisk was.

"You're so...so cute. Dang it, so soft..." Chara thought to herself.

She gently stroked and ran her right-hand through Frisk's beautiful locks, using her fingers like a comb through Frisk's messy morning hair. It was still soft, beautiful, and neat for the morning, but a good-night's rest on her favorite lover still made a few strands stick up, which Chara tried to flatten.

Chara had slowly transitioned from focusing on hugging and gently squeezing the soft girl laying on her, to trying to correct her hair with her own fingers. Essentially, Chara was scratching and petting Frisk's head softly, and it was well-known that Frisk loved that. And as expected, it wasn't long before Frisk awoke, gently purring and making noises of enjoyment.

"Ah...Yeah...That's good stuff..." She gently moaned. Frisk was more like a cat every-day. 

Chara heard the cute noises, and paused the head-scratches for a moment to lean her head to the right, and look into Frisk's sleepy, adorable red eyes. She looked right up at Chara happily.

"Morning, my love. Please don't stop..." She said, staring forward, awaiting more head scratches.

Chara smiles softly, and happily continued massaging and scratching Frisk's head. It was the least she could do for helping Chara out of her nightmare last night. It's only fair that if Frisk helped her, Chara should help Frisk feel just as soft and comfortable.