2. Human!Mikey x Kyla

~Kyla's PoV~

The game was tied 23-23. I was currently playing my best position, right side. My teammate Cece was up to serve. This game will determine whether we win regionals or not. If we win regionals, then we begin the playoffs for state. She served a float serve over the net towards their worst passer. The opposing team passed the ball slightly over the net and onto my side. Instinctively, I jumped into the air and spiked the ball back at them. They dove for the ball but missed, giving us the lead.

I released the breath I didn't know I was holding. I cheered along with my team. Cece returned to her position, ready to serve again. The ball went to the same player in the back row, except this time it was a perfect pass. They set up for a spike. I felt the nervousness grow in the pit of my stomach as I shifted to my position on defense. The ball flew into the back row, but our setter, Jazmyne dove for the save, placing it just high enough for our libero to set a "C" to me. I faked the spike and went for a deep tip, which threw their defense off. Everyone in the gym watched wide-eyed as the ball hit the baseline, rewarding us with a win.

Everyone ran onto the floor, crowding the team. I was lifted up in the air over my brother Corey's arms. As I cheered with the crowd, my eyes scanned the audience and landed on a blue eyed boy with a childish like grin on his face. His eyes lit up when they found mine, causing me to blush slightly.

Eventually, all the commotion died down and we left to the locker room. The coach congratulated us on a victory and shared a few tactics of how to improve for the next set of playoffs. After, we all dispersed our separate ways. I entered the gym, looking for my cousin who was supposed to be my ride home. I found her talking to a muscular boy and the boy from earlier. She smiled as she saw me approach. She, too played for the volleyball team. She was the starting right side and I was the second stream, which is exceptional for me, considering the fact that I'm a freshman. She's a sophomore.

"Hey, Kyla. Meet Raphael and his brother Michelangelo. They prefer Raph and Mikey though."

"Hey Randi... And friends." (Yes I put myself in your story. Love you cousin)

Raph nodded in my direction, but turned back to Randi. I wonder if he's the one she's always talking about.

Mikey grinned and stuck out his hand for me to shake, which I did. "Killer moves out there dudette! It's like you can read their minds while your playing!"

I laughed at his statement. "Something like that. So, quick question: Are they...?" I pointed to Raph and Randi.

"Nah, not yet, but hopefully soon." He then looked at me. "But what about you?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I'm pretty sure a beautiful, smart, and athletic girl like you would have a boyfriend." He shrugged.

I raised a brow. "Actually, no. I'm single. No one really likes me. When I'm not playing sports or at school, skating with my friend CeCe."

He furrowed his brow. "What?! I just met you and I already like you! Dudette, you just think they don't like you. Trust me, a lot of guys like you!"

I blush lightly, but attempt to laugh it off. "You like me? Aren't you too cute for that?"

"Are you attempting to flirt with me, Kyla?" He wiggles his brows.

Before I get a chance to respond, Randi comes running towards me. I hadn't even noticed that she and Raph had left. She threw me a bag of popcorn. She opened her mouth to say something, but Raph sneaked up behind her, hugging her.

"Raph!" Sure yelped while laughing. "Anyway, Kyla, are you ready to go?" She asked as he set her down, but continued hugging her.

I look over at Mikey. "Yeah I guess so. Just give me a sec?" I asked.

She nodded and walked off with Raph. I grabbed Mikey's phone out of his hand and add my number to his phone. "Text me." I attempt to wink.

"You got it dudette!"

~~~Three months later~~~

Mikester: Yo Kyla I get the car today. Want to go to the movies?

Kyla: Yeah Which one?

Mikester: I was thinking Finding Dori

Kyla: Yeah I'm down

Kyla: Randi will kill me when she finds out I went without her

Mikester: Don't worry I'll make Raph take her to the bookstore or something

~~~~~

After the movie, Mikey drove us to McDonald's for Mcflurries and French fries. Popping a fry in his mouth, Mikey suddenly says, "Remember that conversation we had at your game?"

"About relationships or about Raphi?"

"The first one."

"What about it?" I ask.

"Would you be willing to be my girlfriend?" He leans forward.

"Do I love food?" I laugh.

"Booyakasha!"

My phone buzzes in my pocket. It's a text from Randi.

Cuzzo: Raph told me about you going to see Finding Dori without me. You better be glad he bought me a new book or else I'd be mad.

"Does she always text in full sentences?" Mikey asks.

"Pretty much... Now what were we saying about relationships?" I grab his hand.