9.0 Donnie x Taylor

Totally_Weird

Next: Leo x Kia 

Later: Mikey x Reader

~3 years ago~

Young Raphael was leading his brothers through the sewers late one afternoon. Despite Leo's efforts to get his brothers to go back to the lair, they continued their stroll underground. Sensei had left out for the day to retrieve food. Raph and Mikey decided that it was the perfect opportunity to explore the world above ground, specifically the park. Donnie decided he'd rather join his brothers' mischief instead of hanging around bored all day. Because he felt like he was the most mature (and because he secretly wanted to go), Leo tagged along.

The four brothers stealthily exited the sewers and entered the small park. Raph and Mikey hopped on the swings, considering there was no one around. Leo decided to use this time to meditate in the flower garden. Donnie climbed up the playground equipment and sat on top of the monkey bars.

Mikey giggled and called out to Donnie. "Hey, D! Look, Raph and I are double-dating on the swings."

Raph rolled his eyes. "I told you not to call it that."

Donnie smiled at his brothers before returning his attention back the scenery around him. Dusk neared closer and the sun began to dip in the sky, painting the landscape in shades of red and yellow.  Don was so focused on the beautiful view, he didn't notice the young girl peep her head out from the closed it slide where she was hiding.

She walked up to Donnie, standing below him. "What are you? Some kind of giant turtle?"

Donnie yelped and fell backwards, landing on his stomach and face. He looked back up at the girl and blushed. "Well, that was totally not embarrassing."

The girl smirked at his clumsiness and pulled her black and brown curly hair into a bun. "By your reaction, I'm guessing I'm right. That or you have an expensive costume on and it's not Halloween."

Donnie scrambled to his feet and shushed her. "P-people can't know I exist, okay? You have to keep my secret if you want me to answer your questions."

"Fine." The girl held out her pinky finger. "I promise I won't tell a soul."

Donnie blinked at her, for once having no idea what to do. She cracked another smile. "You're supposed to hook your pinky with mine."

Donatello looked down at his hands. "I guess, I don't really have a pinky."

The girl hooked his smallest of his three fingers with hers. "I can already tell we're gonna get along just fine."

~Present Day~

Taylor was right. She and Donnie grew up to become close friends. The only thing that changed was that Donnie soared past her in height and that they both secretly developed crushes on each other. They were too afraid to ask each other out, not knowing how the other one felt. 

One day, in particular, Taylor skipped her way down the sewers, excited to show her friends her new red and orange highlights in her hair. Her smile wavered some when she saw that none of them were in the living-room. As she walked around the lair, she heard a conversation coming from the lab.

"C'mon, Donnie. We all know that you've never asked her out because you aren't manly enough." Leo joked.

Raph scoffed. "He's not wrong. You need to grow some hair on your chest, man. Do something that's gonna prove you made it through puberty."