1.2 Reader x Leo x Karai (HamiltonAU)

As the months passed, you and Leo began to bond more and more. Of course, you had been seeing each other in secret. His brothers had no idea that the two had relations between them other than being enemies. Shredder, oblivious to feelings as usual, didn't notice the gleam that passed through his adopted daughter's face every time he assigned them to spy on the turtles.

You flipped between two adjacent rooftops. Karai rolled her eyes and slid to a stop. She crossed her arms and waited for you to catch up. "Y/n, get your head out of your butt. What are you doing?"

Your grin never wavered as you removed your metal mask from the lower half of your face. "Sorry, Karai. You know how I get when I'm in a good mood. It's always nice to get out of dad's brooding presence."

She scoffed and took a few steps away from you. "Don't let father hear you say that. He'll force us to train for an extra four hours."

You rolled your eyes and continued on to the next rooftop. Karai easily caught up with you, not ready to end the conversation between the two of you. When you spotted Leonardo at your usual meeting place, you, once again, left your sister's side to be with him. 

"Y/n! We're supposed to be home by midnight." Your older sister reminded you.

You grabbed Leonardo's hand and kissed his cheek. "I know, but can you cover for me? Leo promised to introduce me to pizza gyoza tonight."

He laughed. "Plus, Murakami is staying open late tonight just for us. You don't mind do you?"

Karai scoffed. "Yeah, why don't I write your wedding toast while I'm at it." She forced a smile onto her face and left.

When she was far away enough that you couldn't hear, she sighed to herself. Her shoulders slumped. Her confident aura was gone. "To the groom." She sang sarcastically, pretending to raise a glass. "To the bride. From your sister, who is always by your side."

She kicked the door open to the Shredder's lair and leaned against the doorframe. All of the soldiers were running around preparing for whatever her father had in store for the night. "To your union and the hope that you provide." She rolled her eyes and entered her room.

Upon entering your shared dorm, she spotted a picture of the two of you. You were ten years old and smiling brightly. Paint was splashed all over you. It was one of the few times Oroku Saki allowed you to behave as children.

She took the frame in her hands. "May you always be satisfied." 

Her eyes traveled to one of Leo's notes he had given you that you forgot to put away. She went to place it in your usual hiding spot, but her eyes fell onto the words on the paper. It reminded her of the first note she had received from the same mutant turtle months before you had arrived. 

"I remember that night. I just might regret that night for the rest of my days." She sang bitterly, thinking about the night she pushed Leo's love away. "I remember those soldier boys tripping over themselves to win our praise." She thought about how Raphael secretly was trying to impress you the night you fought beside her for the first time in New York. It was Leonardo who caught your eye. Part of her had hoped you would choose Raph. That way she could continue to live out this Romeo and Juliet fantasy. But, no, you had fallen for the blue cladded leader. She couldn't blame you for it. Leo was amazing.

"I remember that dreamlike candlelight like a dream that you can't quite place, but Leonardo, I'll never forget the first time I saw your face." She thought back to the night she fell for those beautiful blue eyes.

Karai's blade clashed against Leo's the first night her father assigned her to search for the turtles. He liked her mysterious atmosphere and she appreciated his calm, yet somewhat cocky demeanor. He was smart and skilled in sword fighting just like her. 

She never met someone who matched wits with her. Someone who understood where she was coming from. The only thing they disagreed on was the guilt between their father figures and where it should rightfully lay. So, she pushed the leader away. She denied her feelings and ignored his advances. Those same feelings came crashing back down on her when she introduced him to you. She wanted to take Leo far away from New York so they could start a new life together, but when she looked at you and saw how helpless you were, she knew what she had to do.

Besides, Saki made it clear that she had one job. She was to marry someone rich enough to keep the funds of the Foot alive and who shared Shredder's sinister way of thinking. Karai was the oldest so she has to do the social climbing for the family name.

She flopped onto the bed, still holding the picture frame close to her chest. "I know my sister like I know my own mind. You will never find anyone as trusting or as kind." That was one thing she was jealous of about you. You didn't have the same wicked heart Shredder passed on to her. You obeyed your father's orders only because you were his daughter. Yet, that didn't stop you from having the nicest heart around.

"If I tell her that I love him, she's be silently resigned. He'd be mine. She'd say I'm fine. She'd be lying!" She couldn't take your one chance at true happiness away from you. If he brought you joy, then she wouldn't interfere. You've backed down from so many things because it was what Karai wanted or what Shredder wanted for Karai. She owed you this opportunity.

That didn't mean her feelings for Leonardo had to go away... "But when I fantasize at night, it's Leonardo's eyes as I romanticize what might have been if I hadn't sized him up so quickly." 

She lifted the picture of you up again and placed it on the small desk beside her bed. She propped herself up on her elbow and looked at the photograph.  She knew you'd be happy with him. Karai would just have to suck it up and move on.

Should I continue this to see Y/n's PoV when she finds out?