18.0 Raph x Reader

This idea popped into my head and I just couldn't resist it. Sorry for the long wait.

Your feet sped down the road. The hood of your jacket was wrapped tightly around your face, acting like a shield from the rain. Your body was on autopilot as your adrenaline pumped through your veins. The storm around you pounded with each moment of thunder and illuminated with each shock of lightning. Nevertheless, you pressed your feet down firmly in the mud and rain.

The Kraang were at it again. You just so happened to nearby when the Norman bots attempted to abduct a small kid. Your ninja training kicked in before you processed the whole situation. The most important thing was saving that child.

As you rounded the corner of an intersection, you skidded to a halt. The entire road was empty, not a car, person, nor Kraang in sight. You crept down the street cautiously. That's when you heard the shrill cry of a small child come from the other end of the road. 

Sprinting, your body led you behind a large dumpster. "Hey, it's okay. I won't hurt you."

You grab the hand of the child and bring them towards you. What you weren't expecting was for the entire arm to fall off and dangle in your grasp. You shriek and drop the limb. It clattered to the ground as the child began to spark. It was a setup.

Your hand flew to your neck. A small dart needle oozed a foreign tranquilizer into your bloodstream. That was the moment your life changed.

You tried to keep the secret as long as you could, but sometimes the truth has to come out eventually. You didn't want to see the Hamato brothers' reaction, especially not your boyfriend's, Raphael. They all had warned you about storming the Kraang on your own, but you had to. If you hadn't, then there was a chance that a real child could have been in some harm. Admittedly, it probably would have been smarter to call your boyfriend when your pursuit began, but the thought never passed your brain.

"Bless you, dudette!" Mikey yelled from the other room after you sneezed for the third time. 

You pressed a handful of tissue to your nose. "Thank you, Mikey."

Raphael frowned and pulled your blanket on you tighter. "Babe, this is what happens when you disappear on a run in the rain for five hours. Where did you even go?"

"I didn't have a destination in mind. I just... ran. I got lost and naturally my phone died on the way home. It's not like I tried to disappear." You quickly say to cover up what actually happened.

Donnie walked in from his lab. "I don't get it though. I've given you countless medications over the past week and you haven't shown any signs of getting better."

Raph frowned at you. He gently rubbed his hand against your back as you coughed violently. Wisps of cold air seeped through your lips like the wind in A Starry Night. You could only hope that the brothers all missed it. 

Leo raised an eye ridge at you. "Is there something you aren't telling us? You don't usually get this sick-"

"I'm fine!" You cut him off. "I just need time to get better. I might have the flu or something." You stand up and storm away from the couch. "God, you all act like I'm some dumb kid. I don't need to worry about me."

Raph stood up from his seated position. "You expect us to believe that when you're wearing gloves in the middle of the summer."

You scoffed and rolled your eyes, trying to create enough time to think of a response. "Oh, it's weird when I do it, but when Casey wears gloves year round, no one says anything."

Raphael opened his mouth to respond, but one of the alarms in the lab went off, signaling trouble in the city. Donnie retrieved his laptop and raced back into the room. "We got Foot activity downtown."

Leo ordered for everyone to move out. You shook off your blanket that Mikey kept trying to wrap around you. "Let's go. We can finish this conversation later."

"You're sick. Do you really think you should be fighting right now?" Your boyfriend asked genuinely, the condescending tone nowhere to be found.

Instead of responding, you ran off through the sewers. The brothers followed behind you. No one said anything else, but it was clear that they all were worried about you coming along on this battle. 

~~~~~

You weren't expecting for the Shredder to be leading this Foot mission. It was clear now that this was a setup; a diversion meant to draw you all out from the lair. Like every bad guy, Oroku Saki stalked in the background, waiting for the boss battle as you all fought through his hundreds of minions. 

You coughed and sneezed repeatedly as the adrenaline rushed through your body. The mist that you coughed out before swirled around your body. That's when the brothers finally noticed what was really going on with you. 

Raph ran to your side and grabbed your hand. "Baby, we need to get you out of here." He blocked a Footbot's sword that swung at you with his free hand.

"No, I'm not leaving you guys out here." You sneezed. "Whatever is going on with me can wait until we get back."

He still pulled on your hand, trying to pull you away from the battle. Protesting, you pulled away from him, causing your glove to fly off. The cool wisps of air swirled around your fingers and wrists. You stared at your hand in shock. "What the shell did they do to me?"

"Y/n, look out!" Leo called out to you.

You turned around in shock and held your hands up. In that same moment, another sneeze racked through your body. Just as the battle axe touched your fingertips, it froze and crumbled into pieces.  Everything around you seemed to freeze (ha! puns). Raphael wrapped a protective arm around you and threw a smoke bomb down.

The moment you all returned to the lair, all of the brothers stared at you expectantly.  You held your head down, massaging your exposed wrist. Donnie was the first one to speak. "I'm going to take a wild guess here and assume this happened the day you disappeared."

You nodded nervously. The room seemed to get colder to match your mood. You realized that that was exactly what happened when Mikey started to shiver. You decided it would be best to just tell them. There was no use in hiding it anymore, even if it meant Raphael breaking up with you.

"I didn't know they gave me these powers. I barely even remember them experimenting on me. All I remember is waking up in one of the Kraang cells and everything going white when I began to break out. I-I'm sorry for never saying anything. I just felt so stupid. I got caught trying to do what was right because I didn't think things through."

Raphael placed his hand on your shoulder and gave you a small smile. "If anyone knows what it's like to act on an impulse, it's me. You tried to save someone's life. You shouldn't feel stupid for that."

"...so you don't hate me?" You ask with puppy eyes.

Leo laughs an infectious laugh that quickly spreads to Donnie and Mikey. "Hate you? Do you realize how many times we all have jumped into a situation for worse reasons that you? Do you not know my history with trying to impress Karai?"

"Or me trying to impress April?"

"Or me... in general I guess." Mikey adds. "Plus, dudette, you have this awesome powers now! You're basically Elsa now."

Raphael takes your gloved hand in his. "Something tells me he's going to try to name you soon."

"In due time." Mikey confirms.

You release a sigh of relief and kiss your boyfriend on the cheek. "Thanks guys." You thought for a second. "Can we not tell Sensei just yet? I don't think I'm ready for the extra training just yet."

"Hmm that is unfortunate because I already know." Master Splinter states from the kitchen.

You jump noticeably jumped, accidentally shooting ice from your hand onto the stack of pizza boxes.

"No! Not my jellybean marshmallow cappuccino pizzas!"