5.1 Mikey x Child!Reader

S203324

~Mikey's PoV~

Pizza. Like always, that was the one thing on my mind. It had been raining all day and my brothers and I didn't feel like cooking- well, Leo wanted to cook, but no one felt like dying today- so here I am walking through the sewers on my way to grab a pizza pie. The family group chat buzzed from my phone that was tucked away in my belt.

Big Red Meanie: U better hv ordered pepperoni, meat head.

Brother Einstein: I thought we agreed on Hawaiian???

The Blue Pickle: I ht pineapples on pizza so no

Me: Looks like ur all gonna b mad cuz i ordered jellybean cappuccino :)

I laughed lightly and put my phone away, knowing I just angered my brothers and probably started another argument in the group chat. I awkwardly exchange the money for the pizza with the delivery guy through one of the openings to the sewer and begin to head home.

I came to an intersection within the sewer system. Just as I was about to take the path towards home, I heard the sound of a child crying. I placed the pizza on a high pipe and began walking towards the noise.  My phone buzzed again.

Where r u? im hungry >:(

Calm dwn Raphie. Turflytle gotta investigate rq

Investigate? Mikey wat r u up to?

Mikey I swear if u get in trouble...
The Blue Pickle is typing...

I clicked off the messaging app and put my phone away again. Lifting the sewer lid/cap I saw a small child. Her (e/c) eyes were glossed over and tears cascaded down her (s/c) face. She made eye contact with something. A terrified look was etched on her face as a shadow loomed over her.

I looked around to see who it was that she was so afraid of. A group of thugs stood in front of her. The tallest of the group approached the little girl. His pale grotesque face glowed ominously in the moonlight.

"I believe you have something that belongs to us." He grabbed the child's arm and yanked her towards him.

She shook with fear and held out a twenty dollar bill to the man. Snatching the money, he shoved it in his pocket and raised his fist.

"You think just because you gave it back you would escape punishment?" He sneered, exposing his yellow teeth. "No one crosses us without a beating."

My eyes widened. I sprang into action, punching the thug in his face. He held his nose, which was now bleeding. I continued with a swift jab into his neck. I brought his head down and kneed him in the head. His body crumbled at my feet.

I took the money he snatched from the young girl from his pocket and glared at his peers. "You want a piece of me? Huh?" I hopped back and forth in a defensive stance.

"M-mutant! Run!" One of the thugs said before the group scurried out of the alleyway, dragging their leader by his feet.

"Yeah, boy! No body messes with Turflytle." I punched the air in triumph. "Even when I'm not in my uniform."

I turned back to the small girl. "Are you okay?"

Much to my surprise, she ran up and hugged my legs, crying even harder. "Th-thank you, mister."

I put a finger under her chin and lifted her head as I kneeled to her level. "Call me Mikey, dudette. Where's your family?"

Her eyes drifted away from mine. "I don't have one. This bad guy hurt my parents a long time ago. I've been by myself ever since."

"Well, fear no longer, little one. You can come stay with me!" I jumped up.

She bounced on her toes excitedly. "Really?"

"Shell yeah! My brothers and dad will love you... uhhh...What's your name?"

"My name is (y/n) and I'm six years old!" She said while posing like a superhero.

~~~~~

(Y/n)'s little feet shuffled next to mine as we walked back to the lair. She held my hand and with her other hand she munched on a slice of pizza. The entrance to the lair came up and I stood in front of her when we entered.

"Bros, I'm home!" My three brothers, who were all sitting on the couch, turned to face me.

"About time! Give me that pizza, idiot!" Raph grunted as he walked up to me and snatched the pizza from my hand. "Hey, why are there two slices...missing..."

His eyes fell onto little (y/n) who was quickly trying to finish the slice of pizza before Raph noticed.

"Did you really just bring a child home with you?" Raph asked.

"You what?!" Leo and Donnie said in unison, scrambling to see what Raph was talking about.

"Okay, dudes, before you get mad, just hear me out. These thugs were trying to beat her up and-"

"And then Mikey jumped in with his ninja moves and started beating them up. He was all like..." She began to reenact the way I took down the thug, adding a few moves of her own.

"Woah, you got some moves there." Leo grinned and picked (y/n) up.

"Mhm, Mikey taught me. He says I can live here with you guys and he'll teach me more moves and we can eat pizza together!"

She looked over to Raph. "I think we're going to be best friends Big Red Meanie!"

Raph cracked a smile. "Big Red Meanie?"

"Yeah, that's what Mikey called you."

Raph shot me a look, but returned to smiling at the six year old child. Donnie gushed over her too before he realized something important.

"What is Sensei going to say about this?"

We all froze when we heard Master Splinter clear his throat.

"Mikey did it!"

Should I write a part two to this?