12.0 Leo x Lyra

Next: Leo x Jaelyn

Later: Donnie x Aria

lilsolomon

Like I'm Gonna Lose You

by Meghan Trainor and John Legend

Tonight was a dangerous night in the lair. Nervous beads of sweat dripped down the brothers' foreheads. April, Casey, and Lyra all glanced between the brothers, waiting to see what they should do. Donnie suggested that they all pull straws, whoever had the shortest straw would get to choose which plan to follow through with. Leo went first, followed by Mikey and then Raph. Donnie held the last straw in his hand. They all compared.

"Yes!" Mikey screeched into the air, holding the shortest stick and waving it proudly. "Operation: Karaoke Night is a go!"

The last three of the brothers, plus Casey, groaned. Another night to hear Mikey belt out his favorite songs. The blonde haired friend laughed as her blue-gray eyes scanned the disappointment in the room. Lyra figured she could spice it up a bit, so it wouldn't be two hours straight of Mikey and Ice Cream Kitty.

"What if, to even the odds, we all put our names in a box or something." She suggested. "That way Mikey can't hog the music the whole time."

Leo, being hopelessly in love with Lyra, but too afraid and shy to tell her, immediately cosigned the idea. "I think that's a great choice. I second that."

"Of course you do." Raph sarcastically said with a smirk.

April linked her arm with Lyra's. "Oh, what if we had a separate box that we wrote down the names of songs that we all know in. That way we won't know what song we have to sing and it's even more interesting."

Casey, much like Raph, pretended to not like the idea. "Yeah, okay, and next we can decide to only do duets."

Donnie's eyes widened at the suggestion. He and Leo shared the same thought. If they agreed, that meant a chance to sing a duet with the most beautiful girl in the world. Of course, Donnie thought about April. "That's a great idea, Jones! I'll go get the boxes."

Lyra locked excited eyes with Leo. Both of them blushed when they saw the other one staring. She quickly withdrew her glance. Leonardo, on the hand, kept his gaze on her a moment longer. If things went as planned, they were going to have a Troy and Gabriella "Start of Something New" moment. He internally facepalmed. He has got to stop watching so many Disney movies with Mikey. They set unrealistic relationship expectations.

The night proved to be both hilarious and successful. Watching Raphael duet with Ice Cream Kitty while singing "I'll Make a Man Out of You" from Mulan was currently the highlight of everyone's night. No one expected Raph to get so into it. Casey and Donatello had to duet "Love is an Open Door" from Frozen, and let me just say, neither one of them were ecstatic about it.

April fished two more names out of the box. She smirked to herself as she picked the song. "Ooh, this should be interesting. Leo and Lyra singing 'Like I'm Gonna Lose You'." The redhead wiggled her eyebrows at Lyra, being the only one to know about Lyra's feelings toward Leonardo. April knew how the leader felt about her friend, too, but failed multiple times to convince them to admit their feelings to each other. 

The blonde blushed and bashfully stood in front of her friends. It wasn't the first time she had to sing in front of them tonight. No, she was worried about singing a love song with the turtle she had caught feelings for. Leo and Mikey secretly high-three each other as the leader made his way to the front.

Lyra started off quiet, not making eye contact with anyone. As she continued through the song and began the chorus, she gained her confidence back, but still avoided looking at Leo. He was kind of happy she didn't look at him. He was a cheesing mess. His eyes watched carefully and lovingly as she performed the song, swaying playfully back and forth.

When John Legend's part began, Leonardo slowly made his way over to her. He tried to do this as seriously as possible, until he realize how ridiculous her probably looked. He flashed everyone a smile and did a small dance to the rhythm to balance out weirdness that had been a moment prior. As he finished his verse they locked eyes. He grabbed her hand and looked her in the eye. His shyness and nervousness fading with every measure. 

As they sang together, Lyra began to also get over her bashful like mannerisms and dance around jokingly with the blue cladded terrapin. During the instrumental, Leo smoothly spun her into his chest and held her close. Their friends whistled and cheered for the two blushing teenagers in front of them.

As the song closed, Lyra closed her eyes with a smile and placed her hand on top of Leo's. He placed his forehead on hers. After singing their final notes, Leo released her from the position and cupped her face in his large hand. They both leaned in and pressed their lips together. Raph and Donnie covered Mikey's eyes, but the youngest turtle still peeked through their hands. April awed loudly. 

"Uh oh, Leo finally made a move!" Casey yelled.

When they pulled apart, she buried her face in his chest to hide the reddening of her face. Leo grinned like an idiot, wishing he would've had to courage to do that months ago. 

He lifted her face with his finger so she could look at him. "Hey, uh, would you like to be my girlfriend?"

She kissed his cheek and wrapped a hand around his arm. "Of course I would, Leo."