3. Leo x Emma

Lienka123

~Emma's PoV~

Today was one of those days that played out like a fanfiction. It wasn't likely that I would be the one out of the millions of people in New York to be attacked by the Purple Dragons. It wasn't likely that I'd be the damsel in distress, but here I am.

It was an average school day; nothing extraordinary happened. The only thing that was extraordinary about that morning was the amount of homework I received.

The last bell of the day rang, signaling our release from jail, I mean school. Since I had so much homework, I had to stop by my locker and stuff my books into my backpack and hope that it would all fit. Shrugging at my strap on my shoulder, I looked up at the sky. Clouds were rolling in and began to darken the sky, and lucky me, I still had a ten minute walk ahead of me.

I heard a voice come from the alleyway a few feet in front of me. I figured if I minded my own business, nothing would happen to me. So, I walked closer to the edge of the sidewalk, out of anyone's reach that may be lurking in the alley.

A young girl ran past me, giggling as her backpack bounced in the air with every jovial gallop and skip. That's when I was able to put a face to the voice. Fong shuffled out of the alley, hands extended to grab the young girl. Without thinking, I pushed Fong backwards into the dark passageway and hurried the girl forward.

Exhaling, I steadied my backpack and continued my walk home. As I moved forward a step, I failed to notice that my bag remained in the same place I once stood. My body was forced backwards by none other than Fong.

"You shouldn't have interfered." He sneered, pulling on my arm.

"And you shouldn't have tried to prey on a little girl." I snatched my arm back. Normally, I'm shy, but Fong crossed the line. I fixed my white t-shirt sleeve.

A second later, my face stung and I was lying on the ground. Holding my hand up as an attempt to suppress the burning sensation erupting on the side of my face, I looked up in anger as I finally realized what just occurred. I caught his evil gaze as he rolled his shoulders.

"Don't look too surprised, I have more planned for you, sweetheart." He towered over me.

Before I had the chance to kick him so hard his future children would feel it, a green hand came swinging down, connecting with his face. Once he was down for the count, the mysterious green hand stretched out its hand to me, helping me up. Creeping out from the shadows, a dozen more Purple Dragons came into view. The figure that saved me backed up and placed a protective arm in front of me. I noticed he was a turtle, but I didn't have time to comment because he pushed me out of the way as the Purple Dragons lunged in our direction.

"Run, I'll hold them off." The masked terrapin commanded as he unsheathed his twin katana blades.

Reluctantly, I obeyed and sprinted off and away from the scene. Once I stopped, I felt a hand rest on my shoulder. I quickly turned around, throwing a punch in the direction of whoever touched me.

"Woah, no need to try to kill me. I'm nice, I promise." The blue masked turtle from before responded while catching my fist.

My face grew red as I mumbled a sorry. Someone opened the door to a small ice cream shop in front of us. The turtle abruptly grabbed my arm and dragged me into the nearest alleyway. He slightly shrank back into the shadows.

"I'm Leonardo, but my family and friends call me Leo." He stuck his hand out for me to shake.

I sent him a shy smile before grasping his hand in mine. "Emma."

~~~~~

Since that day, I found myself hanging around the lair more and more. His brothers warmed up to me, Mikey especially.

The more often I hung around Leo, the more I felt myself liking him. I figured he would never like me back. I'm just an average everyday girl and he saves people like me all the time.

Then, he asked me to be his girlfriend while we were watching Space Heroes one day.

"Hey Emma?" He said, eyes remaining glued to the screen.

I hummed a response, not bothering to look up from my phone until he grabbed me by my hand.

"Would you, uh, like to be my girlfriend?" He grinned nervously.

"Of course I would, Leo." I laughed shyly.