10.0 Leo x Reader

Next: Tmnt x Den

Later: Mikey x Reader

Rewrite the Stars

by Zac Efron and Zendaya

Leo's heart felt heavy every time you left. It was because he knew you were returning back to a place were you didn't belong. You were a good person. You had a good soul. You were just trapped. They say once you join the Purple Dragons you're stuck until you die. Trying to leave is seen as inevitable, which is why you always went back, despite Leo's protests.

Leo held tightly onto your hand, not wanting this moment to end. He loved you more than anything. He just wished he could convince you to stay with him and his family. Your smile turned into a frown as you looked at the turtle you had fallen for. You knew what was on his mind. It's not like you wanted to be in the gang. You were forced into it when you were younger and now there was no way out.

"Leo, I know what you're thinking. You know there's no way to leave without them hunting me down." You sighed sadly, resting your head against his shoulder.

"They don't know about us. You could disappear and stay with my brothers and me. They wouldn't look for you there." 

Your eyes wondered to the Purple Dragon tattoo on the inside of your arm. "They would just wait until the day I stepped out onto the streets again. They'll be waiting everywhere. The PD's hold grudges. It could be twenty years from now and they would come for me."

He raised your head from his shoulder and made you face him. "It's not safe for you there. They treat you terribly. They always make you do the most dangerous stuff. I get what you're saying, y/n. I really do. It's just that I don't want to see you hurt."

You shut your eyes tightly, not wanting to allow the tears that brimmed your eyes. You placed your hand on top of his and leaned into his touch. No one could change the way things were. You didn't want to put the turtles at risk if the Purple Dragons caught you with them. The turtles didn't understand how strong their forces actually were. They've only faced them a few at a time, but there were hundreds of members. There was no way Leo and his brothers would survive an onslaught from the gang. 

Fong and his crew thought they were invincible, which is why they never carried any real weapons. Not everyone in the PDs had the same mindset. Many were loaded with serious guns. You couldn't let them come after the only person you loved with that kind of force. 

"You have to understand that this is bigger than me, Leo. I'd rather risk my life than yours. If I have to stay in order to keep you safe, I will. The moment they find out there's something going on between us..."

"They don't have to know!" Leo whisper-yelled. The hurt in his eyes broke your heart. "You can hide at April's farmhouse. We have some say in our journey. You just have to believe that."

"You don't understand! There's nothing we can do. I don't get to make the important decisions in life anymore. They are made for me!" You sighed again and stood up. "We can't be together. Not when fate is pulling us in different directions."

Leo scrambled to stand."So, that's it? You're just going to let them win?"

You stared out into the distance. Why couldn't he understand? It's not easy to leave something so dangerous. It wasn't as simple as life was whenever you were with Leo. Away from all of the violence, you guys could be whoever you wanted to be. You could be in love. But once that time was up, you'd just have to return to the other side of you. No matter how much you hated it. No matter how much you wanted things to change.

You looked at him over your shoulder. "One day you will see that any ounce of faith you have in me leaving is hopeless. No one can rewrite the stars! How can you say you'll be mine, Leonardo?" You shook your head and laughed bitterly. "Not when everything keeps us apart." 

As you prepared to leave, Leo grabbed your hand again. "Maybe you can't leave the Purple Dragons, but I refuse to let you leave me either. Whatever we're up against, just tell me. We can prepare for it, so that the day we can rescue you from this nightmare, we can be together."

You smiled sadly at him. "That day may never come."

"We just have to pray that it does." He returned your smile. "I'll wait a thousand years, if it means you could walk away from this life."

You lowered your head. "Leo, I want to run away with you. It's all I want, but I know it won't ever happen. You and I can't be together. I'm just an anchor holding you down. Besides, we're bound to break if my hands are tied anyway." You pulled away from him. "I love you, but I can't be the reason you don't complete the great things you are destined to do."

You quickly made your way off of the rooftop and away from him before he could protest. You hated to leave him like that, but there was nothing you could do to change fate.