1.3 Jealous!Reader x Donnie x April

Best Thing I Never Had
By Beyoncé

You and Casey returned to the lair one night after a date. It's been a month since you and Casey started fake dating. Well, now it was kind of real. Both of you had developed feelings for each other but haven't made it truly official yet. When the two of you entered the lair, you saw that Leo, Mikey, and Raph were all sitting in the living-room with earmuffs on and the TV up loud.

"What are you guys doing?" Casey asked.

"WHAT?" Mikey screamed.

"What are you guys doing?" Casey repeated, louder this time.

"WHY ARE THE JIVES MOOING?" Mikey yelled again. "WHAT ARE JIVES?"

You marched over to the TV and turned it off. You then removed all of the earmuffs from their heads.

"Hey!" Raph said. "We aren't trying to hear all that nonsense in the background. They've been going at it all afternoon."

You started to ask him what he was talking about, but then you heard a crash come from the lab. April and Donnie started up an argument about her breaking his beaker. You walked up to the lab door. The lovely couple continued their argument as Donnie swept up the glass shards.

"You did that on purpose! You know you can't put cold water on a hot beaker." Donnie growled slightly.

"How was I supposed to know it was still hot? You handed it to me like it was warm or something!" April flailed her arms.

Donnie cursed under his breath. "I handed it to you with rubber gloves and told you to do the same! And even still, why would you take it back out of the water right before it shattered?"

April sighed heavily. "See this... this is why I should've dated Casey instead!"

Donnie laughed bitterly and whipped his head towards her. "Yeah? Well the feelings mutual. If I would've gotten with (y/n) I wouldn't be in this mess, but no! You wanted to rekindle old feelings and make them jealous. And for whatever reason, I actually listened to you!"

You and Casey looked at each other. Would this mean that he would chase after April now that she and Donnie may be breaking up? It stung your heart to think that you might lose Casey the same way you lost Donnie. Casey was thinking the same thing about you leaving him for Donnie. Should he tell you how he felt?

Finally, Donnie and April noticed the two of you were at the door of the lab. Donnie cleared his throat as he walked up to you and hugged you, April doing the same with Casey. It was fair to say that you were being hit with all kinds of emotion and confusion.

"(Y/n), can I talk to you?" Donnie asked sweetly.

You nod. Casey grabbed your hand, a worried look in his eyes. You sent him a small reassuring smile and squeezed his hand once before letting go. He smiled back and allowed April to drag him away.

You sat down in his chair. "What's up, Donnie?"

He pulled up a foldable chair and sat in front of you. "I'm sure you heard what we just said. I know you're with Casey, or pretending to be, and I just felt like I should let you know how I feel at least to get it out of the way."

When you didn't say anything, he continued. "I like you a lot, (y/n). I wish I would've acted upon it the day you told me about your feelings. I knew what you were trying to say, but I also knew that April wanted to get back together. I thought she was the answer, but I guess I was wrong."

You shake your head and smile. "You played me. You made me feel stupid and inadequate on purpose! Thank God you blew it! I thank God I dodged a bullet! You really thought that it would be okay with me? We were supposed to be best friends. I fell for you, Donnie! But guess what? I'm so over you. Baby, good looking out!"

"(Y/n), come on. Don't be that way. I wanted you so bad. I'm so through with that thing I had with April. I-"

"No, Donnie. I'm not going to accept whatever you have to say to me because honestly you turned out to be the best thing I never had. I'm glad this happened, Donnie. If it wouldn't have I would still be the same lovesick puppy I was before. If you must know, I do like Casey now, a lot actually. He would never do to me what you and April did to us."

Donnie stared at you in disbelief. You stood up from you seat and began to leave. Donnie hurriedly got up to block your path. He looked down sadly at you.

You shook your head and placed a hand on his chest. "I know you want me back. It's time to face the facts. I'm the one who got away, Don. Don't worry, we can still be best friends though."

You pat his shoulder and walked out of the lab, a proud smile evident on your face. Casey got up from where he was sitting by April and ran up to you. He asked you about what happened, but you ignored his question and pulled him into a kiss. He placed his hands on your waist. Casey knew what this meant since you haven't kissed since the day Donnie and April forced you guys to kiss. Raph and Leo whistled in the background, while Mikey, being the great friend he is, snapped pictures of you and Casey.

Donnie walked out of the lab and crossed his arms. It hurt him to see you and Casey together, but he did the same exact thing to you for the longest. He was happy for you, in a way, for finally finding someone who would treat you right since it couldn't be him.