8.0 Donnie x Peach

Next: 2.2 Tots!Tmnt x Older!Reader

Later: Rahzar x Brunette

peach1442

Kind of Love

by Josh Dean

Peach and April have been friends since the day they met four years ago. There was only one problem with their friendship: they were super competitive. When the two girls both agreed that they liked something, they were going to make a competition over who could get it or finish first.  Neither one of them knew that this competition would extend to a boy.

Peach thought she and Donnie had hit it off nicely, constantly spending time together and talking. She'd sit around all day and listen to Donnie babble about his science and technology. He would, in turn, assist her with any homework or projects that she may need help with. It was how she began to fall for the tall turtle in the first place. It felt like her feelings for Donnie were reciprocated.

April noticed her friend in a daydreaming state before class began. Being the nosy person she is, she nudged Peach out of her dream-like trance. "What's got you smiling so hard?"

Peach blushed and shook her head. "Nothing, don't worry about it."

"Aw, come on, tell me." April persisted.

"Okay, okay." Peach held her hands up. "You can't tell anyone, especially Casey." She waited for April's promise to keep her secret before continuing. "I may or may not have a crush on Donnie."

April sat back in her seat, unsure of how to tell her friend what she knew. "Okay, this may sound super conceited, but Donnie likes me. Is it not obvious?"

"Don't turn this into one of our competitions, April. I'm serious. It seems like he might like me back, but I can't really tell." Peach crossed her arms and faced the front of the room.

April rolled her eyes and reached into her bag, grabbing her T-phone. "Do I need to prove it to you? All it takes is one phone call to find out the truth."

Peach didn't respond. She readied herself to take notes and remained looking forward. Was she really just imagining Donnie liking her? She didn't want to turn this into some competitive scheme, but she wanted Don to like her the way he likes April. April doesn't even like him back! Trying to gain his attention couldn't be that bad, right?

~~~~~

Once school let out for the day, Peach, April, and Casey grabbed their things and headed for the lair. The whole way there April and Casey flirted back and forth. They hardly acknowledged her presence. Everyone they passed gave her a sympathetic look for being the third wheel. When they finally reached the lair, Peach threw her stuff down and made her way to the lab. 

"Hey, Donnie." She smiled and leaned against the doorway.

Donnie's head turned in her direction. He flashed her a gap-toothed smile and opened his mouth to respond. However, upon hearing April's voice, his attention was focused on getting to the living-room as fast as possible. Donatello sped past Peach and hugged April tightly. She caught Peach's eye and smirked in a knowingly way. Peach scoffed and left the lab, looking for anyone else to talk to.

Mikey caught her attention, considering he was in the kitchen trying to balance cereal boxes on his head. She took one of the boxes from his head and poured the sugary breakfast item into a bowl. Peach poured some milk on top and slid the bowl towards Mikey.