9.0 Leo x Kia

TarlaChan

Sometimes it felt like the universe was against Leonardo. If it were a good day were everyone was chilling in the lair, his brothers would break out into an argument. If he were in the middle of Space Heroes, one of his brothers would come in and change the channel. If it were date night, some random villain would decide to take over the world.

And that was the problem he was currently having.

Leo and his girlfriend Kia were relaxing in her room and watching movies this particular night. They were cuddling peacefully, not really paying much attention to the TV screen as it flickered images and colors throughout the room. Leo's T-phone's ringtone interrupted the calm atmosphere in the room. Kia paused the movie as he picked up the phone. It was Donnie.

"Leo, we got some Kraang action going on near the pier again. What do you want to do?"

Leonardo's face turned serious as he sat up in the bed. "Suit up. Meet me at Mikey's favorite pizza place in ten minutes. I'm headed over there now."

Donnie responded with an "okay" and hung up the phone. Leo hopped out of the bed and began grabbing his weapons and strapping them in their respective places. Kia walked up beside him. "Everything okay?"

Leo nodded, sliding his katanas into their holsters. "Just some Kraang action. Sorry we had another date ruined. I'll-"

"Make it up to me?" Kia smiled. "I told you, you don't have to say that. I'm going to go patrol some myself. Call me when you're done."

Leo grinned at his girlfriend's ability to understand and be selfless just like him. She gets the heavy responsibility he carries on his shoulders. "Thanks, Kia. I'll see you soon." He kissed her cheek and fled from the room to meet up with his brothers.

As Leo sped through the city, his mind raced faster than his feet. He hated when he had to leave Kia. They already get so little time to be normal teenagers and it's like the universe just has to ensure that they get limited time together. The only time they hang out without interruption is when they are patrolling together with his brothers. He should have asked her to join them tonight. Leo cursed mentally. Why couldn't he have thought of that before he left?

He was so deep in his thoughts that he didn't realized he had passed up the rendezvous spot. His brothers called out to him from across the way, snapping him out of his trance. He stopped abruptly and corrected his path.

"You weren't about to charge in there without us, were you?" Raph smirked and nudged his older brother in greeting. "Because that's my move, bro."

Leo rolled his eyes playfully. "No, I was just a little distracted. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going."

Mikey clapped Leo on his shoulder. "Now you're doing my job. It's so easy to get..." Mikey trailed off, looking in the other direction. He was going to say distracted, but before he could finish his sentence, the pizza delivery boy caught his attention. "Dudes, we should totally order some pizza for when we get done."

"No, Mikey." Donnie countered. "We have wasted enough time already. We need to figure out what the Kraang are trying to accomplish."

Raph grabbed Mikey by the arm. The four turtles hopped across the rooftops together until they reached the pier. They leaned over one of the large shipping containers to get a better view of what was happening below them. The Kraang buzzed around, passing off small pieces of metal and tools between one another. To the left, a large gun-like weapon was being assembled.

"What's the game plan, Leo?" Raph whispered lowly.

"We need to blow that thing up. Donnie?" Leo looked to the tallest brother.