11.0 Donnie x Reader

SuperHedgehogirls

Firstly, I would like to explain the lack of updates. Please bare with me. My cousin just died a few days ago. My aunt died about two months ago. Someone who was like a grandpa to me died two weeks ago. Someone else like a grandma to me died almost two months ago. Some are Covid related and others are not. My family is being hit hard with death right now and I need time to take care of my mental state. I will try to update as much as I can between me time, school, and work. Thank you all for being patient.

~R

Next: 1.3 (Hamilton AU) Reader x Leo x Karai

Later: Foot Clan x Reader

One day in the lair, you had convinced the guys to watch High School Musical with you. April, Casey, Karai, Shini, and Mona had accompanied you. Many hours of singing all four movies together off key, Mikey expressed his one wish for their Mutation Day.

"Dudes, wouldn't it be nice to do something normal people do for once?" He asked his brothers. "Like imagine being able to go to Homecoming or Prom. I bet it's amazing!"

You turned to April. The two of you shared a mischievous grin as the conversation around you continued.

Raph rolled his eyes. "Don't get your hopes up Mikey. There's no fairy godmother ready to grant our every wish."

Casey nudged his best friend and leaned into April's side. "Movies glamorize that stuff. The only fun part are the athletic events and that's only if the home team wins."

Donatello scoffed at his frenemy's remark. He secretly would love the chance to be normal. All of the turtles did. If he were human, then maybe he'd have some type of chance with you.

"Come on, Casey. Let the prankster dream a little." You wave him off. "Mikey, you go wish on that star tonight. I'm sure something good will come out of it." You smile lightly. "Besides, I love the idea of a high school dance. It's a chance to dress up for once."

Donnie sat up straight in his seat. "I-I agree with y/n-"

"Of course he does." Leo interrupts.

Donnie glared at his eldest brother before continuing. "It would be nice to have a reason to dress up. Put our dancing skills to the test."

Mikey, Leo, and Raph quickly shushed their brother. Leo practically pounced on Donatello just to cover his mouth. Karai and Shini laughed heavily at the smart turtle brother's expense.

April asked the question on everyone's minds. "Dancing skills? How did you learn to dance?"

Donnie sweat dropped as his brothers groaned collectively. Raph face palmed and admitted to their little secret. "Sensei forced us all to learn different ballroom dancing types as kids as a punishment."

Biting back your laughter, you stifled an "aww." Casey didn't hesitate to release a full out chortle. You pushed him off of April and onto the floor. "Why would Master Splinter choose dancing of all things?"

Leo rolled his eyes. "Mikey puppy dog eyed us into sneaking out of the lair when we were twelve. By the time we came back, Sensei was waiting for us in the living room. Like usual, he was watching his Soap Operas. It was just our luck that the episode he was on was about going to a ball."

"Wait, did he make you all dance together? Like you know how to take lead and be led while dancing?" Karai asked with a smug grin.

Mikey nodded. "Yeah, and lucky me I got stuck with Raph as a partner. The guy has two left feet!"

Raphael blushed deeply, glancing at Mona for a second. "I do not! You weren't taking it seriously so I stomped on your toes on purpose!"

"Whatever helps your ego, bro."

Mona kissed Raph on his cheek to calm him down. "It is getting late, my friends. I believe it is time to return to our designated living quarters."

"Mona's right. April and I have a big Trig project we need to work on tomorrow." You agree as you stand up.

Casey scrunched his eyebrows. "We have a trig project?!" He then glared at you and your red headed friend. "You guys didn't include me in your group?"

Shini smirked. "I can only imagine why they wouldn't want you as a partner."

April ushered the hockey head out of the lair. You waved goodbye to your friend group.

~~~~~

After explaining to Casey that there wasn't a trigonometry project, you set your plan into motion. That morning, the three of you scavenged the entire city for party supplies to decorate the lair with. You found some cute (and cheap) bow ties for the guys that matched their masks.

April found LED light strips and streamers to decorate the living room with. It was Casey's job to alert all of the girlfriends about what was happening and to trick the guys into leaving for an hour so you could rearrange the lair.

Since Mona can't go topside during the day, you video chatted her while you searched for a dress she might like. In the end, she chose a red sleeveless dress to coincide with Raphael's mask and tie.

You sprinted around the lair with April to get everything ready. There was a punch bowl and snack table, April's speaker played music that filled the entire lair, and the lights lit up the place perfectly. In small boxes, you placed the corresponding bow ties for the turtle brothers. You set them at the entrance on top of the turnstiles so they would have no choice but to see them when they came back home.

As time ran down, you and April changed into your outfits for the night. You chose a (favorite color) dress/suit. April went with a dress in her usual color of yellow. Mona, Shini, and Karai waltz in their dresses (red/black/gray) moments before the guys arrived.

Casey rushed into the lair, grabbing his suit from April's hands to go change. Five minutes later, the Hamato boys entered. The music and boxes caught their eyes first as you planned.

"Dudes, it's my wish! Next time I'm gonna wish for a giant pizza that lasts forever!" Mikey bounced as he fixed his tie.

That's when you all made your entrance. Donnie's jaw dropped upon seeing you in your elegant clothing. Holding out your hand, you asked him to dance with you. The gap-toothed turtle raced to your side.

On cue, "Can I Have This Dance" from High School Musical began to play. Donnie smiled nervously at you. "You really outdid yourself, y/n."

"I had help from my two best friends." You winked at April as Casey danced awkwardly with her. "You guys deserve this break."

The two of you glided across the floor, careful to not run into any of the other couples. The words of the song drowned out everything around you. The lyrics were right. It was like catching lightning. The chances of you ever meeting a giant mutant turtle and falling for him are rare. You wouldn't have it any other way, except of course, him actually liking you back.

As the song came to a close, Donatello decided to take a risk. It was his Mutation Day wish. If Mikey's could come true, maybe his could as well. He leaned forward and pressed his lips gently against yours. Wrapping your arms around his neck, you happily kissed back.

You doubt any prom could beat this one.