7.0 Mikey x Luna

music594

Easy
By Ella Mai

Mikey promised himself he was done with love. Things with Renet didn't work out. Shini didn't even give him the time of day. He figured that no one would ever want to be with a mutant turtle. All Mikey wanted to do was clear his mind; to have one day without the drama of villains and heartbreak.

Mikey closed the door to his room with a sigh. He made his way through the lair and to the exit. Donnie took notice of the look on his baby brother's face. He knew the look of heartbreak.

"Hey, Mikey?" Donnie began. "Love is easy. Don't you make it hard. You'll know the right person when you meet them."

"What if she's not out there Donnie?" Mikey throws his arms in the air. He shakes his head and turns back around, grabbing his skateboard. "I'm heading out. I'll be back later."

Donnie called out to his younger brother, but received no response.

~~~~~

Luna was in the skatepark. It was late, but she was stressing about her latest assignment in her art class. She was hoping to haw started drawing by now, but she couldn't choose what she wanted to draw. Luna decided to come to the skatepark to clear her mind and hopefully find something that she could draw for her project.

Luna skidded to a stop on her skateboard. "Maybe I could paint Mena Massoud as Aladdin...or do something for Toy Story since it just came out." She mumbles to herself as she plopped down next to a manhole.

"I think you should do Mena and Will." A random voice spoke up.

Luna scrambled up from her seated position and held her beloved skateboard like a bat. "Who's there? Show yourself."

The manhole clattered a bit. "I don't know. You might hit me with your skateboard. And trust me, I know what that feels like."

Luna rolled her eyes. "Look, unless you're Pennywise or something, I'm not going to hit you with it. I love my skateboard too much."

"Well that's a relief." The voice said. "I'm definitely trying to skate my problems away tonight."

The manhole slid to the side as two green three-fingered hands sprouted from the empty space. A mutant turtle sprang from the dark area and smiled at Luna.

"I'm Mikey." He held out a hand and flashed a toothy smile. "Nice board by the way."

Luna grinned back at the orange masked mutant even though she was still a little shocked at his appearance. "Well, Mikey, I'm Luna...and thanks."

She ruffled her blue and purple hair and looked expectantly at Mikey. He stared back in confusion.

"What?" Mikey inquired.

"You said you wanted to skate you problems away. Let's see those moves." She motioned for him to start.

He laughed. "How about this, if I beat you in a skating competition, I chose what you draw. If you win..."

She quickly picked up where he left off. "You have to teach me a few moves with your 'chucks you got there."

Mikey smiled. "Deal." Once they shook hands, he continued. "First to skate to that light pole and back wins."