Human!Basketball!Mikey x Basketball!Reader

Next: 1.0 Reader x Leo x Karai (Hamilton Songfic)

Later: 5.2 TMNT x Den

I'm definitely not writing this because I miss basketball season haha ;(

Before starting, I want to explain the game HORSE to anyone who doesn't know what it is. In basketball, two people can challenge each other to a shooting contest. One person will shoot a (difficult) shot and if they make it, the other person has to shoot the exact same way and make it. If they miss, they earn a letter. The first person to get all of the letters (HORSE), loses the game.

You dribbled your basketball in the hallway right outside of the main gym. Your teammate, who happened to also be your best friend, sat on the floor beside you. You were waiting for the boys basketball team to finish up their practice before yours began. The rest of your team hadn't show up yet, all likely still out eating before practice started. 

The girls basketball team was close with the boys team. They had to be. The schedules often overlapped and caused them to be in the same place at the same time. Because of this, you gained a close relationship with some of the guy players, specifically Michelangelo Hamato. 

You watched the boy in question try to show off as the team ran washboards together. He lead all runners by a few seconds, making the conditioning look easy. Your coach walked by, noticing your focus on the boys. 

She threw your practice jersey at your face playfully. "You can drool over muscles later, L/N. Get your mind ready to practice.

You sent her a playful glare and pulled your jersey on above your (f/c) T-shirt. When the boys finally finished, you and your best friend wasted no time running onto the court. Some of the guys, including Mikey, stay on the court to shoot around with you.

"Hey, y/n," Mikey called out, "If I make this, you have to buy me a Four-for-Four from Wendy's!" 

"As if, Mikey." You laughed as you banked in a shot. 

He closed his eyes and shot from half court. He missed by a long shot. You grinned at his misfortune. "Looks like I should have bet you after all."

He rolled his eyes, rebounding his basketball. He dribbled up next to you. "You say that as if you're the better shooter."

You pushed him away from you and shot a fade away shot. "That would be because I am the better shooter. Check the stat books."

He didn't like the sound of that. "Okay then. You, me and a game of HORSE. Whoever wins gets to make the loser do whatever they want them to." He twirled the basketball on his finger to taunt you.

You scoffed and snatched the ball from him. "You're on, Hamato."

To make a long story short, for the next five minutes you and Mikey went head to head. Both of your teammates filed into the gym to watch the competition. You lead in the beginning, making Mikey earn a quick HOR. Mikey shot a few backwards jumpers (One of my fav things to do!) to make you earn an HO. Eventually, you both ended up at HORS. You missed your shot that Mikey would have had to copy. 

He smirked knowingly. There was no way he was going to let you beat him. Not when he had an advantage, height. He dribbled down the middle of the court and dunked the ball with ease. His teammates "oohed" while yours called him a cheater.

"Really? That's cheating and you know it." You frown as you fiddle with the ball in your hands.

Mikey shrugged, the smug look on his face not going unnoticed by you. "You never said I couldn't do it, so I did. Can't change the rules now, sweetheart."

You rolled your eyes and just shot a regular jump shot, which went in. However, since this wasn't the same shot Mikey took, it meant you automatically earned your E. Mikey leaned into your face announcing your defeat. 

You said back, "I want a rematch next practice. This time, no dunking. You can only take shots that I can reciprocate."

He nodded. "I can agree to that, but only after you agree to my request. I technically can't say no since you already consented to it."

You picked up the ball that had rolled to your feet and pushed it into his chest. "Fine, what is it you want? Pizza?"

He pretended this think over his options. "You, my dear, have to be my girlfriend."

You blushed, looking everywhere but his baby blue eyes. Your teammates gushed at the sudden turn of events. The boys laughed amongst themselves and pushed each other around. Mikey put his arm around your shoulder, waiting for your answer.

You elbowed him in his side. "Alright, I'm your girlfriend. How does it feel to know your girlfriend is the better athlete?"

He hummed. "I think she's gonna have to win a game of HORSE before she makes such claims."

You looked at the clock on the wall. You still had five minutes until practice started. "You know what. I challenge you to a quick game of knock out. Three point line. Loser has to kiss winner."

"I like those terms." Mikey responded, grabbing a basketball.