1.0 Raph x Ash x Donnie

Sonougeandmore

Donnie's PoV

Regret. Remorse. Sorrow. The list of emotions running through my mind is endless. I suppose the outcome was inevitable. Nothing works out the way it is desired to. Either way, it was my fault this even happened.

Ash laughed at Raph as he attempted- and most likely succeeded- to show off for her once again while sparring with Leo. Rolling his eyes, Leo smiled at the couple and walked out of the dojo. Raphael picked her up and threw her over his shoulder for whatever reason. Despite her protests, he continued to run around the lair with the love of my life. Her beautiful laugh ceased when she caught my gaze. In that single gaze, I knew that she was able to read every thought that was flowing through my head.

You'll never know the endless nights, the rhyming of the rain. I dropped her gaze and turned around. Or how it feels to fall behind and watch you call his name.

All I can do is sit and watch. Watch as the love of my life becomes more and more enamored with my brother. Raphael and I are total opposites, which leaves me asking myself 'what did she possibly see in me? What does she see in him?' I close the door to my lab and slump in my chair. Thinking in vain won't help me to recover. In order to feel better, I have to refocus my mind, continue acting as I did before I fell for her; before my heart started to long for her presence.

So, I threw on my lab coat and picked up a beaker. It's time that I returned to being Donatello, the genius, and lock up Donatello, the hopeless romantic.

~~~~~

A few days have passed since I made my decision to refocus my attention and actually do something with my life again besides moping around. I've perfected my retro-mutagen formula and improved the Patrol Buggy. Andbutso, I still find myself listening to my heart; to the other Donnie locked inside begging me to run to Ash and ask her to come back to me.

'Ash please, leave your lover. Leave him for me.'

But, alas, I'm not Sam Smith, and frankly, this isn't some fanfiction where everything goes as it is hoped to.

Ash's PoV

Once again, I watch as Donnie locks himself away in his lab. Once again, the feeling I had for him creep their way into my mind and heart. I doubt I ever stopped loving him.

Raph nudged my side. "Earth to Ash. What movie are we gonna watch?"

Snapping out of my trance, I look over to the stack of movies in the corner. "I don't know. You can pick."

Of course Raph picked a scary movie to watch, but I paid little attention to it as I cuddled up to Raph's chest.

~~~~~

Everyone sat in the living room, anxiously waiting for Raph to return from where ever he had gone. Hours passed and everyone had fallen asleep except for me.

Sure enough, Raph strode into the lair close to four a.m. I watched as he tried to stealthily sneak pass everyone.

"And where were you?" I stand up and stride over to him.

"I was out." He shrugged.

"Out? Is that why your body is covered in bruises?"

"Nothing I can't handle."

"Raph you can't just go out fighting crime on your own. You might get hurt and who's gonna be able to come to your rescue?"

"Last time I checked, the reason we met you is because we had to save you. So don't you come flipping the cards on me. Unlike you, I can handle myself." He grunted.

"And what are you trying to say, Raphael?" I crossed my arms.

"Ash, I don't feel like talking about this right now. You clearly can't understand."

"You're right. I can't understand why you think it's okay to go out and fight all these gangs and bad guys on your own. What are you going to do if-"

"Enough with the ifs! Clearly I'm okay and if you're gonna have a problem with me serving up justice then maybe we should break up!"

I glared at him, holding back the hurt I felt. "Maybe we should."

By this time, everyone had woken up and heard our little dispute. I stomped away to the spare room that I occupied whenever I spent the night and slammed the door.

Donnie was the first to come. It was only a few minutes later. The other two brothers were still arguing with Raph. Donnir knocked on my door twice.

"Ash, it's me."

I slowly opened the door and watched as Donnie's tall figure walked into the room. His sad brown eyes looked over to me. Without a word, he pulled me into his arms. I broke down crying.

~~5 months later~~

Donnie has been by my side ever since Raph and I broke up. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever get back with Donnie, but at the same time, I wonder the same about Raph.

Today, in particular, I was with Donnie in his lab once again, helping him design new machinery. I was looking down at the floor when Donnie put a hand on my shoulder.

"Ash? What's on your mind?" His brownish red eyes softened.

"I was just thinking. Nothing to worry about." I smiled.

He sighed. "Well, I've been thinking also. I still love you Ash, but I know chances of us getting back together are slim. You were everything I ever wanted and I messed that up. You deserve better than me. Plus Raph seemed to make you happier than I ever could anyway."

He chuckled lightly. "I guess what I'm saying is that I don't want you to worry about me. I'll find love again one day, but you and Raph? That's something you can't give up on. He still loves you, no doubt. A girl like you is hard to fall out of love with. I doubt it's even possible. So, just give him some more time, he will come around."

I smiled at Donnie once more. "You'll always have a place in my heart Donnie. You were my first love." I kiss and hug him. "Thank you, for everything."

He grinned as he released me from the hug. "Now go talk to my hot headed brother."

I closed the door to the lab and walked to Raph's room. As I reached to knock, he opened the door.

"Ash. I was just coming to talk to you." He sadly smiled.

"Lucky for you, I was doing the same."

He ushered me into his room and sat down on his bed without closing the door. "I just wanted to apologize. I know it's been months since our break up, but I felt that I needed to stop fighting alone before I could sincerely apologize to you. And I have stopped. Officially, a week ago.

"You were right, Ash, and I'm sorry. I still love you, I always will. So I was wondering if you would consider taking me back?"

"Of course I'll take you back. I love you too, Raph."

He kissed my forehead and pulled me into a loving embrace. I watched Donnie walk by. He sent me a small smile and a thumbs up before continuing to his room.

It's a little different from what was requested, but I think this version is better than the original one I wrote. So sorry that it's changed a little.