15.0 Raph x Reader

Next: Donnie x Mazicana (2)

Later: Leo x Reader

Here Tonight

By Christian Paul

Raphael may come across big, mean, and angry, but he would never be that way towards his significant other. He'd always make an attempt to give his all and to put his whole heart into the relationship. It's all he can really offer considering he's a mutant. It makes him feel like a burden to not be able to give you the whole world.

Raphael could really say that he loved you. His world revolved around caring for and being there for you. The sad thing was, lately you hadn't been treating him in the same matter. Thins changed so abruptly. It's like you suddenly lost interest in him. You left him alone with his thoughts.

Dates were spent with you indulging in your phone and social media while Raphael waited for you to shift your attention back to him. The young turtle could only blame himself for not being human enough to give you the relationship you wanted, but it's like his efforts meant nothing to you.

Whenever he tried to talk to you about how things were going, you'd bring up Mona. You always brought up Mona. You were so worried about her, often comparing her to a super model since she was so ideal to him at the time. Raphael didn't understand. He never compared you to her, so where did you get it from?

Just as suddenly, you began to talk about your ex again. The way your face lit up talking about the memories you two shared made it seem like he/she/they were a tough act to follow. How could Raphael live up to someone who had given you everything?

All he wanted was an answer. Why were you distancing yourself from him? Why did the spark leave? Who were you silently moving on to?

He honestly missed the days the two of you spent laughing the night away on the phone until he had to get ready for patrol. Hearing your joyfulness and knowing that he meant so much to you filled him with confidence. If possible, it made him love you more. Now, he felt empty because those phone calls rarely happened. You barely exchanged text messages with him.

Finally, Raph couldn't hold it all in anymore. He was drowning in his thoughts and insecurities because he felt like he deserved answers. Without them, his imagination took over. He blamed himself, he blamed others, heck he even wanted to be mad at you for never giving him a reason.

You pretended you weren't home the night he came to your window. You didn't want to see him that night, much like every night. You had gotten used to the distance you put between the two of you. However, you did accept his video chat call.

"Y/n, we need to talk." Raph sighed into the phone.

"What? Are we about to break up?" You asked nonchalantly.

Raph felt his heart drop in his chest. He didn't speak for a few moments. "Can you just tell me why you're avoiding me. Why are you so distant?"

You took your time replying. "I think we should just be friends, Raph."

Raph shook his head from the other side of the phone in disbelief. "No, no something isn't sit-in right with me. Why do you want to break up? You never talk to me about anything."

You shrugged, not looking him in the face. "My heart just isn't in it anymore. I still love and care for you. I just can't be committed to this relationship anymore. I think we should be friends."

Raphael nodded and bit back his emotions. "Okay, I agree, but can you at least tell me why? You don't act the same. You don't treat me the same. You never put me and my feelings first, everything and everyone else are prioritized above me in your life. Why?"

"I apologize for what it's worth," you began, little emotion flowing from your lips, "if you feel like I never put you first. It's just not the same anymore."

Raph wanted to be angry with you. Even after all this time he was still without answers. How can you tell him that you still love him when you say that your heart's not in it anymore? Nothing made sense to him! Why couldn't you treat him with the same respect he had given you.

"It's fine. I think being friends is a better option for us anyway. A break would be good for us." He forced a smile onto his face.

You returned his smile, finally able to look at him. "Great. I'll call you tomorrow."

He hung up the phone and grimaced. He knew being friends with you would be hopeless. Something in him knew that you would just cut him off eventually. Like you promised, you called him back the next day. But everything after that was Raph initiating the phone call or conversation. After a few days, Raphael gave up. If you truly cared about him like you said, you would reach out to him first. Despite his heart begging him to talk to you first, he wouldn't. He decided to wait for you to text or call him first.

You never did.

Isn't that a lovely break up? It's not often that you read a tmnt x reader and the reader is the reason why you break up so yah.

This may or may not have been inspired by my recent break up with my boyfriend... So yeah hope you guys enjoyed this short little one-shot.