2.0 Dogpound x Nyla

tovalentine

Next: Special: Teaching Him Tiktok Dances

Later: Special: When He Finds Out Your Secret/When He Sings to Musicals 

Love on Top

by Beyonce

Nyla's eyes scanned the dark room. She stood in a defensive stance, listening for any sudden movements. Her sense of sound picked up on a shuffling of feet behind her. An arrangement of weapons were displayed on the floor in front of her. Grabbing the tanto, she sliced the air behind her. A Footbot's head rolled onto the floor beside her feet. 

Dropping the tanto, she replaced the weapon with the pair of sai. She waited again for any movement. Just as two Footbots jumped out from the shadows, they were each met with a sai between the eyes. Nyla smirked to herself as she grabbed a handful of shuriken. Aiming, she tossed them into darkness around the room. Five more Footbots crumbled at her feet. 

"I've seen enough." The Shredder's harrowing voice boomed. "Your initiation is over. Step forward."

Nyla followed command, bowing once she reached his thrown. She lowered her head in respect before looking up at her ninja master. The lights flickered back on. Oroku Saki rose from his throne, grunting in approval.

"I don't believe in wasting time." He crossed his arms and faced away from her. "So, you begin tonight. Bradford will be joining you tonight. Follow his lead. You'll be retrieving some mutagen from the Kraang."

Dogpound stalked into the room will a dull expression on his face. He bowed and motioned for Nyla to follow him out of the lair. The two traveled the rooftop in silence to avoid attracting any unwanted attention. Finally, they made it to TCRI. 

"So, how long have you been with the Foot?" The shorter girl asked as they waited for the Kraang to load up their vans with the mutagen.

Chris looked at her, grunted, and then turned away. Nyla nodded her head. "I see you're the strong silent type. I can work with that."

She figured she would get him to talk eventually if she kept going. "Shredder likes to talk about these turtle guys all of the time. I assume they're mutants like you are. Did that all happen at the same time?"

He cut his eyes at the girl. "Do you always ask so many questions?"

"Do you always answer a question with a question?" She instantly shot back.

He allowed a small smile to etch its way onto his face. He wanted to reply, but something in him knew he would lose the argument. Laughing heavily, Dogpound returned his attention to the aliens below him. "If you must know, the turtles are the sons of the Shredder's arch nemesis, Hamato Yoshi. He killed Shredder's wife fifteen years ago.

"That's why we do what we do. The Hamato boys didn't mutate with Shredder's clan. We all were mutated at different times. It's those stupid turtles fault many of us look the way we do now."

Nyla frowned and fiddled with her weapon. "They sound like monsters." She had many more questions she wanted to ask, but from the way Bradford responded, he either didn't know or didn't want to talk about anything else he knew about them. Thankfully, the awkward atmosphere didn't last long. The Kraang began to pull off in their white vans stocked to the brim with the ooze.

Dogpoud nodded, signaling the start of their plan. Nyla managed to land on top of one of the vehicles. She knocked out the window with the butt of her weapon, thanks to the cheap glass the Kraang used. She stabbed the droid through the head and removed it from the automobile. She slipped into the passenger side, slicing off the head of the Kraang bot that was driving. Nyla quickly removed the lifeless metal heap and turned down a side road and away from the Kraang posse.