1.0 Danny x Maureen

a-alexaa

Next: Donnie x Peach

Later: Donnie x Taylor

In case anyone was wondering, Danny is a character from the 1990 TMNT movie

Turning Tables

By Adele

Maureen was honestly surprised to see Danny at school today. He skips class so often that she had gotten used to having an empty seat beside her in their math class. She wanted to get him some help; to find someone to help convince him to make better choices. She wanted her best friend to get out of this cycle, but she couldn't do much to help him. If she were to tell anyone what she knew, he would be facing serious jail time. So, she watched as he turned down the wrong path in life.

As Danny sat beside her, she crossed her legs at her ankles and sat forward in her desk. She ran a finger through her medium length brown hair and pretended to be focused on the lesson plan the teacher had on the board. 

Danny nudged her. "I see you're still wearing your boots. Nice to know things haven't changed in the past week."

Maureen gave him a side eye. "Not everyone is changing as much as you are, Danny." She blinked her browns eyes, trying to maintain the stoic expression on her face. "And it's been two weeks since the last time you were here."

Danny rolled his eyes and scanned the classroom, making sure no one was close enough to hear their conversation. "Are we really going to argue again, Maureen?" He ran a hand through his reddish-brown hair.

Maureen gave up the act and faced him. "Danny, I don't understand why you want to be a thief! You could have anything you want! Why risk everything working for the Foot Clan?"

He shushed her and leaned in closer. "The Foot aren't that bad-"

"And how do you know that?" She cut him off. "Of course they're gonna make everything seem simple and fun now, but how long until you fall in too deep with no way out, huh? It seems like a big game now, but the longer you stay, the more dangerous it will become."

Danny scoffed. "How do you know anything about them? You're just assuming things based off of myths!"

Maureen pinched the bridge of her nose. "Have you not been listening to anything April has been saying on the news? These are some bad people, and I don't want you to be around them."

Danny crossed his arms and leaned back in his chair. "You sound like my dad. Why do you even care?"

"Because I care about you, Danny." Maureen had to pause in order to keep herself from revealing the fact that she had a crush on him. "You're my best friend and I only want the best for you."

"You don't know what's best for me. Now just stay out of my business."

~~~~~

Danny continued to come to school that week, but only because his dad forced him to go by dropping him off everyday. He avoided having anymore serious conversations with Maureen, putting his headphones on whenever she initiated the conversation. She just decided to give up and let him have his way since he doesn't want to be helped.

The following Saturday, Maureen was walking back from the mall. Turning the corner, she ran into a group of teenage boys. She backed away in shock, not wanting any problems. One of the taller boys in the group turned around to face her, a devilish smirk taking over his face. Maureen locked eyes with Danny, who had been standing in the back of the group. She shot him a look of disproval and betrayal.

The first guy grabbed her arm. "Why don't you give up your bags and money. We wouldn't want a pretty girl like yourself carrying too much weight, do we?"

Maureen snatched her arm away from the older boy and fled the scene. The group chased after her, quickly overpowering and tackling her. She thrashed in their hold, not giving up without a fight. 

"You just don't know when to stop, do you? Seems like I need to teach you another lesson." He reached for the fastenings on his belt. 

"Wait," Danny called out, stepping between Maureen and the boy, "we need to let her go. Boss wants us to get as much loot as we can. We shouldn't waste our time on some girl that thought she could outrun us."

The boys gave Maureen one more look before leaving. Danny heaved out a sigh, helping her up. She pushed him away angrily and turned her heels without saying a word. Danny watched as she left him there alone. Everything she had been saying just clicked in his head. He had to get out of this petty lifestyle, he just didn't know how.

~Another time skip because I don't want to explain the whole movie~

Maureen avoided speaking to Danny since the incident. She could only hope that it made him understand how heavy the burden he was placing on his family and friends was. Sure, he had saved her from whatever that older guy had planned to do, but it didn't change the fact that he was still surrounding himself with the wrong group of people.

Maureen walked through the halls, not paying much attention to her surroundings. A hand grabbed her arm and pulled her into a storage closet. A hand covered her mouth before she got the chance to scream.

"Calm down. It's me." Danny spoke. "I knew you weren't going to speak to me on your own, so I had to improvise."

She sighed. "What do you want?"

"I wanted to tell you that I'm done. Things finally clicked. Things happened and, well, I'm out of the Foot. I'm done being their puppet." 

Maureen grinned and practically tackled the boy in a hug. Danny returned her excitement, embracing her tightly. "There's just one more thing that I need to do." He said when they pulled apart.

She looked at him confusedly. "What are you talking about?"

He smirked. "I need to ask you to be my girlfriend."

"Well," she teased, "what are you waiting for?"

Danny rolled his eyes playfully, taking her hands in his. "Will you be my girlfriend, Maureen?"

"Of course, dork."