6.0 Donnie x Kneko

Next: 5.2 Donnie x Ace

Later: Donnie x Mazicana 

galaxytmnt

Chapter

By Christian Paul

Kneko pulled her fluffy white hair into a ponytail as she stood in front of her mirror. Her piercing gray eyes studied her reflection, taking a second to focus on each different aspect of herself that she hides from the world in order to live a normal life for her son.

She traced her left hand over her pale green face down to her dark reddish-purple lips. She wondered if her young son will develop her powers one day. As if it could hear her thoughts, a green vine snaked around her arm. She caressed the delicate plant and sighed to herself. The sound of a baby crying softly snapped her out of her trance, causing the vine to retract.

Kneko smiled softly and made her way over to her one year old child fussing in the crib beside her bed. Lifting the small child from his spot in the small bed, she bounced and swayed to calm him down.

"It's okay, little one. How about we take a walk through the park?" The small boy clapped his hands and smiled at his mother. "Alright, let's get bundled up and head out."

Kneko let the child stand on his own and moved to fetch his jacket. She zipped his jacket up and tapped his nose playfully, earning a happy giggle from the boy. She then grabbed a jacket of her own, lifting the hood over her head to cover her face. Placing her son in the stroller, the mother and son began their walk to the park. It was late out, which was the safest time for Kneko to be out without being noticed while also being the most dangerous time to be in the city because of all of the crime.

Kneko wasn't too worried. She could protect her son. If anyone posed a threat, she had her plant weaving powers to ensure their safety if push came to shove. Just to be cautious, she had three small vines follow behind her in case danger were to occur. She kept the vines hidden from view, or at least she thought they were hidden.

The four highly trained turtle brothers a few blocks away from the park were taught to pick up on small details. So, it was no surprise for Donnie to notice vine-like plants creeping through the grass and bushes in the park. 

"Guys, look." He pointed to his discovery once he gained the attention from his brothers. "Those vines look like they're following that woman."

Donnie's eyes traveled from the plants to the beautiful woman walking peacefully. He swallowed the nervous lump in his throat. His heartbeat picked up as a blush took over his face. 

Leo nodded. "What if Snakeweed is back and after innocent people again?"

Mikey shivered, remembering his last encounter with the mutant. "Yuck, that dude is seriously gross and messed up."

"So are we going to do something or what?" Raph asked impatiently.

"Raph's right." Donnie said and hopped down from his squatted position on the rooftops. "We need to take out those vines before they get to her."

The remainder of the brothers followed behind him, stealthily making their way to the rooftop that was closest to the park. Leo counted down from three, motioning for the brothers to take out the vines. Before any of them could land a hit, the vines retreated from where they were. Two of the vines wrapped around Leo and Mikey, while the third rushed towards the woman. Donnie rushed after it, but it had already brushed against the woman's arm.