1.2 Tmnt x Den

Next: April x Reader

Later: Tiger Claw x Kisharra

SandraOsborne1

After a few weeks of living with the turtles as their new brother, Den has found himself falling into a routine. On Mondays, he spends most of his days with Donatello. Countless hours are dedicated towards experimenting and inventing different crafts.

Tuesdays and Thursdays are mostly spent training with Leonardo. The eldest brother insists on improving Den's swordsmanship and battle skills. Being in the family put him at risk of being captured by one of their enemies. He had to be prepared.

Wednesdays are spent goofing off and playing video games all day with Michelangelo. The youngest turtle swears a few hours dedicated to video games will help with hand-eye coordination in battle.

Fridays with Raphael were one of the few things that weren't consistent. One week, it's another day of training and sparring. Another, it's spent reading comics until it's dark enough to sneak off and go above ground.

Saturday and Sunday could be spent with any of the Hamato brothers. Those were the two days all of them were free and didn't have to worry about training with Sensei or other activities.

One Thursday in particular, Leo took Den above ground to get pizza. Mikey had eaten the last three boxes by himself, leaving everyone else to search for their own food. Before the two brother successfully made it to the pizza shop, soft thuds echoed in the shadows around them. Instinctively, Leonardo pulled Den close beside him.

Dogpound and Fishface were the first to reveal themselves. Their sinister smirks were held proudly on their faces. Leo unsheathes his twin katanas a moment before Fishface tries to land a strike on his face. This action caused the two brothers to be separated.

Den revealed his own katana, the one Leo had given him when he passed his first level of training. Dogpound stomped towards him.

"Why are you after me? What do you want?" The twelve year old asks his enemy as he dodged another attack.

The mutant dog smirked. "Master Shredder has learned of your skills in the martial arts and wishes to offer you a spot in the Foot. This is a once in a lifetime offer, boy."

Slashing his katana, his leaves a cut across Bradford's face. "I'd never join the Foot. Shredder can stick his offer up his shell." 

After fifteen minutes of battle passed, Den and Leo took down the two Foot minions. They retreated from the scene to alert their master of what transpired. Leo ruffled his baby brother's hair. The two continued their journey to the pizzeria. 

By the time they returned, Raphael, Donatello, and Michelangelo were suiting up to go out and find them. Mikey ran up and hugged Den tightly, excited to see he was alright. 

He then turned to Leo. "I'm so happy you're okay!"

"We're fine, Mikey." Leo confirmed.

The orange cladded prankster rolled his eyes. "I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to the pizza, dude." He snatched the stack of pizzas from Leo's hands and sprinted off into the kitchen.

"Hey, you better not eat all of the pizza again." Raph yelled as he chased behind his brother. "I swear I'll give you the worst shell-wedgie."

Donnie seemed to be the only one truly concerned about the amount of time it took Leonardo and Den to return home. "What took you guys so long?"

"We were ambushed by the Foot." Den answered. "You should've seen us out there! Fishface and Dogpound didn't stand a chance against the ninjas!" He mimicked part of a secret kata Leo had taught him.

Don smiled. "I can safely say I'm happy I missed out on that fight. I'm glad you made it home alive and with pizza."

~~~~~

Later that night, Den tossed and turned in his sleep. Even though he had successfully defeated the Foot, he was still plagued by Chris Bradford's words. If they came for him this time, who's to say they won't return later and just kidnap him? 

Exiting his room, Den shuffled his feet until he reached the living-room. Raph was still awake and watching a replay of a WWE match on TV. He quietly sits down next to his older brother and lays his head on Raph's plastron.

This didn't come as a surprise to the second oldest. He was used to comforting Den whenever he had nightmares. The two actually bonded over the frequentness of their bad dreams. Raphael adjusted the blanket he was using to now cover both of their bodies. Kissing the top of Den's forehead, he allowed his baby brother to fall asleep next to him.