5. Isolight x Raph

~Isolight's (Isolight98) PoV~
Searching and scanning my surroundings, I could feel the presence of someone close in on me. Slowly, I unsheathed my syth and stood my ground. When the figure came close enough, I turned and pointed my weapon at their neck.

"Woah. Chill, Isolight it's me." Raph backed up.

I lowered my weapon. "You should know by now that you can't sneak up on me." I smirked and stepped closer.

He grabbed both sides of my waist and pulled me into his chest. "Oops?"

So maybe I should rewind a bit and start from the beginning.

~Cue tape recorder rewinding sound ~

I've never been the ideal kid my parents wanted. They wanted a perfect little girl who would grow up to rule their kingdom and crush our enemies with an iron fist. However, I only wanted to participate in the latter.

I hated the daily lessons and reminders of how to properly behave as a royal iridescent.

"Sit up straight."

"Don't slouch."

"Don't blow up all the windows of a village with high sound waves."

A girl's gotta have fun right? It's not like I knew that frequency would shatter those windows.

Anyway, I couldn't hide from the future forever. Eventually, that future became my present. My parents forced me into a fitted black dress that slightly flowed the closer it got to the ground and invited all of the family over to the ballroom. My mother curled the turquoise ends of my black hair, revealing the slight scales on my shoulders and back.

My mom was the only one, besides me, who knew about what would happen today. I couldn't accept the crown, being queen just wasn't for me. I liked action. All I wanted to do was to be a soldier, to fight for what I believed in.

I felt something cold touch the front of my neck. My hand instinctively grabbed at the item. It was a necklace with a crown pendant.

"Whenever you miss home, it will glow white. Whenever I miss you, it will glow a light gray." She revealed a necklace from her collar of her dress. "When you control the elements, it will shimmer and change to the corresponding shade: blue for water, orange for fire, green and brown for ground, wisps of smoke and clouds for wind for air. For music and sounds, it will show the wave frequency and music notes."

Tears pricked at my eyes as I hugged her.

"Thanks mom." I smiled at her when we pulled away.

"Go make me proud." She laughed sadly.

~~~~~

The servants opened the grand doors, allowing me to walk in. When I entered, everyone's heads turned towards me and music began to softly play. Stepping up in front of my father's throne, I bowed and then returned to standing with perfect posture.

"Lady's and gentlemen," my father began, "today is the day my daughter is crowned as the next queen of our kingdom. I am without doubt that she will make us proud and-"

Suddenly, a window shattered as a terrapin crashed into it and into the floor. He rolled over back onto his feet and grabbed his twin sai. His red bandana whipped as he turned his head and made eye contact with me. Seconds later, he was gone.

Lifting up the side of my dress to my knee, I unsheathed my sword and jumped out the window after him.

I found myself in the midst of a battle with Lord Dregg and his bug like minions. Three more turtles joined the first one.

~Raph's PoV~

Crashing through that window seemed to be the highlight of my day. I already hated bugs, and now we had to fight Dregg again? Seriously, he doesn't know when to give up! As I turned around to scan the area, I heard something land behind me. I quickly returned to my position to see a girl stabbing one of Dregg's minions.

"Watch your back better, terrapin." She gave me one last glance and jumped back into battle.

I felt my eyes widen as I watched her continue fighting. My heart pounded in my chest as I slumped over slightly at her beauty. Her fighting style was fierce yet smooth at the same time. Her movements were quick and powerful. That's when I realized this was the same girl I saw in the room I just crashed into.

Once the battle was finished, I slowly approached her and tapped her shoulder. She turned around and smiled at me. "I was... um... I'm Raph." I stumbled on my words and ended up shoving my hand in her direction.

"Isolight." She shook my hand. "Ex-princess of this world you are on right now."

"Ex-princess? Why would you give up that kind of authority?" I rose an eye ridge at her.

"I always felt like my duty in this universe was to fight for what I believed in and for the greater good. Other people shouldn't have to do it for me when I am very well capable of doing it myself."

"Ha, she said duty!" Mikey laughed as my brothers, April, Casey, and Fugitoid walked up.

I rolled my eyes. "I can relate to that. What you said not my brother!" I blushed.

"So are there others like you guys, or...?" Isolight asked.

"Other than our friend Slash we are the only ones on Earth. There are other mutants too, but we are the minorities on our planet." Donnie spoke.

"Would you like to come with us?" Fugitoid asked.

Isolight looked over her shoulder and waved to whom I assume is her mother before looking back to us. "I'd love to."

~~~~~

"And that's how Raphie boy here fell in love~" Mikey grinned three months later.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that, you dork?" I balled my fist and readied myself to chase him. Isolight grabbed my arm and pulled me into a kiss, which I eagerly returned.

I love being a turtle.