10.0 Raph x Borrower!Reader

Count on Me

by Bruno Mars

Raph was going through his usual daily routines: wake up, shower (most of the time), feed Spike, then train. He opened the fridge to find some lettuce for his small turtle companion. He growled under his breath when he couldn't find any.

"Leo, where's the lettuce?" Raph yelled through the lair.

"I'm not allowed in the kitchen. How would I know?" Leo responded from his room.

Raph rolled his eyes, but then smiled at the memory of the last time Leo was allowed to cook in the kitchen. It was, to say the least, a disaster. Not only did he forget to put water in his ramen when he microwaved it, he also forgot to take the food out of the oven. The lair smelled like burnt pizza for a week and it took them three hours to clean the oven out.

"Mikey, have you seen Spike's lettuce?" Raph asked again, knowing if anyone knew where the food was, it would be Mikey.

The sound of Mikey's video game paused. "Bottom shelf underneath the bag of onions."

Raph wanted to ask his younger brother why he would put the lettuce underneath something that would make his pet turtle's food smell terrible, but the sound of Mikey's video game resuming made him decide to not bother Mikey anymore.

He fished out a piece of lettuce and began to search for his small friend. He called out his name, but earned no response. Raph literally turned over the living room looking for him.

"Spike! There you are!" Raph exclaimed when he finally found his friend facing a small hole in the wall in the corner. "Breakfast time, bud."

Raph shook the leaf around a little bit, but Spike's attention remained focused on the hole. After a while, he grew annoyed and moved Spike out of the way so he could see what was so interesting. He laid down next to the hole and peered through the tiny space. When he thought he saw something move, he used his sai to dig around in the small space. A mini yelp erupted from the area.

"What the..?" Raph trailed off. "Whatever or whoever you are come out of there right now before I stab ya!"

When nothing happened Raph pushed the matter. "I'm giving you until the count of three. One...two...thr-"

"Okay, okay. I'm coming out, just don't stab me." A voice said.

Raph watched in awe as a miniature person walked out from inside of the hole. She held her hands up and slowly approached Raph's knees.

Raph blinked a few times. "What? How are you so small?"

"Small? I'm the second tallest in my family, thank you very much!" She crossed her arms.

"Are you really?"

"...No." She responded.

"Riiiight, so anyway, what are you and why are you in my home?" He picked her up by the back of her shirt, careful not to injure her.

He placed her in his hand and brought her close to his face. "First, I'm a who, not a what. Secondly, my name is (y/n) and I'm a borrower. I literally just broke the number one rule." She face palmed.

"And that is?"

"Never let a human see you and only steal what won't be missed." She recited.

"Well, I don't know if you can tell or not, but I'm not human. I'm literally a giant talking turtle." Raph spoke the obvious. "So that part of the rule is fine. As for the other thing, what did you steal?"

(Y/n) sat down in Raph's hand. "Apparently, your smaller turtle friend wasn't done with the yarn he was playing with. I didn't think it was that important until he cornered me, but now that I met you, I can see violence runs in the family."

"Okay, first of all, I'm not violent..." Raph thought for a moment about all the bad guys he's beaten up. "Okay, maybe I am, but Spike isn't violent. He wouldn't hurt a fly. Isn't that right, buddy?"

Spike turned towards the two and opened his mouth. A dead fly fell out of his mouth and onto the floor. Raph stared in shock at the irony of the situation.

"You were saying?" (y/n) asked, crossing her arms again.

"I see your point, but seriously, I'm not gonna hurt you." Raph put her back down on the floor and crouched next to her. "I'm in a good mood for once today."

Mikey walked back into the room. "Raph, have you seen m- Oh mi gosh! Cool action figure dude!" Mikey bent down to grab (y/n), but Raph quickly scooped her up in his hands before he could.

"Back off, Mikey! You're gonna hurt her... I mean my action figure!" Raph corrected himself before sliding (y/n) into his belt. "Now, go and get a pizza or something. Here's the money."

Raph handed his younger brother some money. Like a track star, Mikey sped off to the nearest pizza joint. Raph sighed heavily and retrieved (y/n) from his belt. He placed her on his shoulder and began to walk to the kitchen after giving Spike his lettuce to chew on.

"Why didn't you tell him about me?" (Y/n) inquired while dusting some lint off of her (skin color) arms.

Raph shrugged with the arm she wasn't on. "I figured you would want me to keep your existence a secret since no one is supposed to know about you. Pepperoni?"

She took the piece of meat (sorry if you don't eat meat!) from him and began to nibble on it. "Thank you. The more people that know about us, the more danger my family will be put in."

Raph nodded. "I know how that feels." He leaned against the counter. "If a human were to discover my family, they'd run so any tests on us until it killed us. How many family members do you have?"

"(Number of family members/people)." She responded, taking another bite of the pizza topping.

"You can count on me to help you guys get enough food and water. Just let me know how I can help." Raph opened the fridge and pulled out a small bottle of water. "Where do you guys live?"

(Y/n) gave Raph directions that eventually led him to the guest bedroom. He put her down in the small hole that led to her home. He then slid the water bottom through the entrance.

"You sure you don't mind helping us?" She asked.

"I'm a hero, Y/n. Helping people is what I do." He smiled. "Now go take that water to your family. I hope it's not too heavy."

Y/n smiled at Raph one last time before running to retrieve some family members to help her move the bottle back to their home.

Sorry if this sucks. I don't know much about Borrowers so I tried my hardest to write it correctly.

Extra scene:

Leo and Donnie watched in confusion as their hot-headed brother walked back and forth talking to himself.

"Has he always done this or is that new?" Leo questioned.

"I've only ever seen him talk to himself when he's mad." Donnie responded. "Mikey must've really driven him crazy this time, I'm almost worried."

"Almost?" Leo grinned at his younger brother's comment. 

"I mean, Mikey's still alive so that means Raph hasn't gone completely yandere on us yet."