13.0 Raph x Darky

Sleep On It

by Gallant

Watching the world end had its effects on everyone. Family, friends, and loved ones were lost, and worst of all, everyone had to watch Master Splinter be murdered by the turtles' biggest enemy.

A few months before all the chaos started, the turtles met a mutant cat named Darky. They readily accepted her to be apart of the team and the family. She was like the mother the turtles never had, helping Splinter to keep order around the lair and keeping Mikey from driving everyone insane with his constant pranking.

Now, that life was over and they were fighting to try to get it back. Hopping from planet to planet, the team, along with Fugitoid, searched for the pieces of the Black Hole Generator. There was only one problem, and her name was Mona Lisa.

Darky had fallen for Raph after all those months of knowing the turtles. She thought that Raphael may have had feelings for her too. If he did, they all seemed to have gone out the window the moment he met the alien warrior.

~~~~~

Darky walked through the spaceship with her hands in her ripped jean pockets and her red hood from her hoodie over her head. She had her headphones in to drown out all of the sounds around her. The last person she wanted to see was Raph. Of course she happened to walk into the room where both he and Mona where at. Rolling her dark blue eyes, Darky quickly walked into the room to retrieve the snacks she wanted and left back out.

Mikey bounced into the room. "Hey, Darky. What's up?"

Darky looked him in the eye for a brief second before walking around him without responding to the young turtle. Raph sent a confused glance to Mikey as if to ask, what's wrong with her? Mikey  shrugged and walked out the door behind her.

"Darky, you good? Where's my funny best friend at?" He asked her when he caught up.

Without making eye contact, she muttered, "She's not here right now."

Darky turned her music up more and shut the door to her room. Mikey's shoulders drooped as he stood outside. "Well, can you tell her we miss and need her?"

"Who are you talking to Mikey?" Donnie inquires as he and Leo walked onto the scene.

"I was trying to talk to Darky, but she never wants to talk to anyone." 

Leo glanced knowingly at Donnie. He was the only one Darky had told about her crush on Raph. Normally, he hated being in between drama. This time around, he actually wants to know how Raph put his secret crush that he had on Darky to the side so fast when he met Mona. It's not like Mona was some rare jewel.

Leo sighed. "Just give her some time. Something happened and she's upset. She deserves every right to be mad right now." He put a hand on his baby brother's shoulder. "She'll come back around when she's ready."

The younger of the three brothers walked away in slight confusion. Leo walked up to Darky's door and knocked a few times. "Hey, I know you probably don't want to talk right now, but keep your head up. I'll talk to him if you want me to."

Darky shook her head "no" as tears cascaded down her face into her fur. She realized as soon as she did it that Leo couldn't see her actions. She mumbled just loud enough for him to hear, "No, it's okay."

~~~~~

A few days later, Darky managed to feel a little better about the situation she was in. She began talking to Leo, Donnie, and Mikey again like she used to. April and Casey found themselves spending time with her like they did before the end of the world happened. Everything felt like it was back to normal, except for the friendship between Raph and Darky. She tried to avoid talking to him in order to spare her feelings and heartbreak, but he always came around. He always tried to start a conversation with her despite the fact that she rarely gave him a response that was longer than a sentence.

Now, the crew was sitting around the table in the spaceship eating lunch. Mikey insisted on pizza (like usual) and pasta. Even though everyone was tired of eating pizza (by everyone I meant April, Darky, and Casey), no one complained as he dished out everyone's meals. When Raph walked into the room, Darky and Leo fell silent at the same time. It was killing both of them that they didn't have answers for Raph's behavior. 

"Pizza and pasta, my favorite." Raph rubbed his hands together as he sat down next to Darky. He nudged her. "Brings back memories of us pranking Mikey."

Darky raised her eyebrows and hummed in response, keeping her eyes on the food. Raph rolled his eyes and began eating his food. Leo quickly changed the topic.

"So, guys, excited to see the moons of Jupiter tomorrow? I heard they're the best on our end of the solar system." He laughed nervously.

"Actually-" Donnie began, but Leo cut him off.

"You can't change my mind Donatello. Why don't you tell us about Jupiter's make-up and orbit and all that?" 

"Because nobody wants to hear it. Am I right or am I right Darky?" Raph pressed on.

Darky nodded half-heartedly and pushed the pasta around on her plate. Raph cursed under his breath in annoyance at her lack of response to anything he has to say.

"Okay, what is your problem? I've been trying to talk to you for days and you won't even look at me!" Raph slams his hands on the table.

Mikey nervously says. "Ha, those orbits sure sound good right about now Donnie. You should talk about them."

"We rescue you when we could've saved anyone else when the world was ending and this is how you want to act? I've been nothing but nice to you and you can't even find the decency to open your mouth and respond to me? What is your problem?" Raph glares at Darky .

She looks back up at him with a panicked expression. Everyone's eyes were on the two of them. She could feel a panic attack creep its way into her system. Raph knew she couldn't handle being overwhelmed socially and she couldn't handle being singled out like this in front of everyone.

"Raph, back off, dude." Casey pushed him away.

Donnie instantly rushed to her side and tried to sooth her anxiety away. He held her in his arms and gently rubbed her shoulders. "How can I help you?" He whispered to her over the argument that continued in the background. "Do you want to go to your room?"

Darky nods slowly and Donnie helps to guide her to her living space. "Do you want me to stay with you?" Darky shook her head. "Okay, just remember that we love you okay? I'm right down the hall if you need anything." 

He hugged her one more time tightly before closing the door. Donnie helped her to relax some. She cried softly to herself as the noise from the rest of the group finally died down. A knock on her door erupted several minutes later.

"Darky, it's me." Raph sighed.

"Go away." She replied dully.

Raph cracked the door open. "Please, I need to talk to you. I need to clear things up. What's wrong between us all of a sudden?"

Darky scoffed and pulled her pillow into her chest as she sat up. "Why don't you go ask your girlfriend?"

Raph scrunched his face up. "Girlfriend? You mean Mona?"

Darky laughed bitterly. "Who else would I mean? April? You've only been spending all day, everyday with her."

Raph shook his head. "Trust me, Mona Lisa is just a friend. I could never be with her. She's too much like me. There's only room for one butt-kicking hot head on this team.Besides, I like someone else, even though I'm sure she hates my guts."

He sat down and smiled sadly at Darky. She rolled her eyes. "I'm sure she has a good reason to be. Who's the lucky girl?"

Raph laughed lightly. "It's you Darky. Isn't it obvious?"

"Pfft, that's hard to believe. You just spent five minutes screaming and yelling about me." She rolled her eyes.

"That's because I'm an idiot and I don't know how to show emotions properly. Can you forgive me?"

Darky punched him harshly in the shoulder. "Now, I can forgive you, but only because I like you too, dummy."

Raph smiled. "So what do we do now? Hug?"

Darky wrapped her arms around him. "We're supposed to stop talking and enjoy each other's company."