11.0 Human!Raph x Stella

Cheap Shots

by Ella Mai

High school: the beloved time were teens experience puberty and hormones while trying to tackle classes and find themselves. High school is also a time of the typical cliques: the jocks, the nerds, the smart kids, and the theater/music kids.

Raph himself was among the jocks and he's never thought twice about his place in the food chain of Roosevelt High. His group consisted of him, his brothers, and Casey Jones. Everyone steered away from them or worshipped them. There really wasn't any in-between. They were the popular kids, so you either love them or hate them.

Another well known friend group that most people actually liked were Stella and her friends, Karai, April, Renet, and Shinigami. They weren't the normal stereotypical popular girl group. They were nice to people, with the exception of Raph and his group, and they took on many aspects from the other cliques. For example, April was a jock, theatre kid, and one of the smart kids. Everyone in Stella's group knew they didn't have to fit into a certain social group.

But, what is high school without a little rivalry between the social groups? 

As the two groups strode through the long corridors, they met up in the middle. Raph smirked at Stella as she crossed her arms, looking unbothered by the group of boys in front of them. No one seemed to notice the blushes and awkward glances between Donnie and April.

"What are you doing on my end of the school, Stella?" Raph taunted as his fist bumped a few of his friends that had walked by.

"Oh, you know, heading to English. I know you don't know anything about going to class." Stella said back, smiling innocently.

Raph and Stella have a history together, but not in the ex-boyfriend/girlfriend type of way. They've always fought (verbally and physically) despite the fact that deep down they both secretly had feelings for each other. There was one road block that kept them from realizing it, and her name was Mona.

Just as the two rivals stepped into each other's bubble while arguing, Raph's beloved girlfriend pushed Stella out of the way and kissed him dramatically.

Raph wrapped an arm around her waist. "Hey, babe."

Mona leaned into his embrace. "Raphie! You'll never guess what happened today."

"Pfft. Raphie? Mr. tough guy's nickname is Raphie?" Stella teased. "Please tell us what happened today, Mona." Stella said sarcastically.

The sarcasm went right over her head. "I lost my lipstick!"

"Oh, no! What ever shall we do without lipstick!" Karai mocked Mona.

Mona gasped. "You understand me so well!" She tried to hug Karai, but Raph grabbed her arm and pulled her back into his chest.

"Babe, we don't mingle with them. They're trying to make it seem like you're dumb." 

Mona glared at Stella's friend group. Shini laughed and decided to join the conversation. "We're not the ones making her look dumb, she does that on her own."

Mona pouted. She kissed Raph one last time before stomping away. He glared at Stella one last time before his group walked away. He pushed a kid who stepped into his path and continued his cool guy stroll.

The girls finished their walk to English in peace. Everyone looked over to April fro answers. She looked up from her phone and was taken aback slightly by all the eyes of her friends staring at her.