11.0 Donnie x Aria

Next: Raph x Nini

Later: Donnie x Peach

SandraOsborne1

The turtles had just finished taking down the Foot once again. Heavy breaths caused the cold New York air to puff up in white air around them. Sheathing their weapons, they thought it was a job well done. However, something caught Donatello's eye just as they were leaving. He signaled for his brothers to follow him as he made his way to the rooftops. They stealthily snuck up on a darkly clothed person who was watching the same spot the brothers were just in.

"How many of you stupid Foot soldiers do we have to take down for you to finally get a life?" Raphael grunted, alerting the figure before them.

Donnie raised his finger to counter what his brother had said. "Technically, that is a life style. Stealing, beating people up, evil-"

Raph shot him a look that immediately silenced him. The mysterious figure stood in a defensive stance. Leo observed the attire they wore. "Something doesn't seem right, guys. Whoever this is, they don't look like the Foot."

His observation was unheard by Raphael and Michelangelo, both of whom had already charged into battle. The person before them unsheathed a magnificent sword. The tallest two brothers joined the battle. 

As weapons clashes, three of the four turtles found themselves knocked to the ground. They all grunted in pain, in a slight daze from the beat down they had just received. Donnie gripped his bo staff tightly in his hands, unsure if he should retreat or keep fighting to buy his brothers more time. 

A sword suddenly being held at his throat silenced his thoughts. He locked eyes with the person on the other end of the beautiful weapon. "If I let you all go, you will meet me here three nights from now."

He gulped. It wasn't like he had much of a choice, did he? He doubted the person's intentions, but he had to save his brothers. "O-okay, fine. I will be here. I promise."

The sword was removed from his neck. "I'm asking nicely. I just want to talk. But, if you don't show up, I'll track all of you down."

Within the blink of an eye, the figure was gone. Donatello rushed to help his brothers up. Mikey held his held tightly as he sat up. "Did anyone get the number of that bus?"

Leonardo took his brother's hand to help him back to his feet. "Why did you agree to meet them? If whoever that was easily took all of us down at the same time, imagine what might happen when you're alone, Donnie."

Raph limped up to the tallest brother. "This might be a set up from the Shredder and you fell right into his trap."

"You act as if I had a choice. My brothers always come first." Donnie explained. "Now, let's go back to the lair so I can patch you all up."

~~~~~

The day had come for Donnie to meet up with the unknown fighter. His brothers made it known that they were against him going, especially alone. Donatello knew what he had to do. There was no way to know if the threat the person had given him was a bluff or not, but from the way they fought, it was clear that the promise could easily be kept. If he had to sacrifice his life so that his brothers may live, so be it.

He snuck away from them, taking the back exit they normally use for the Shell Raiser to go above ground. His nerves allowed his imagination to wonder. A thousand scenarios played in his head as he landed on the designated rooftop. 

"You decided to show up. Good." A voice spoke from behind the nerdy turtle. "You don't have to worry about me attacking you. Like I said, I'm here to talk only."

Donnie nodded and walked towards the person as they revealed themselves from the shadows. He still said nothing, so they continued. "I'm sure you have questions about what's going on, so ask."

"Who exactly are you? Do you work for the Shredder? Why were you watching us that night?" He rambled on.

"My name is Aria. I don't work for the Foot. I actually don't know much about them other than you guys not liking them." Aria explained, sitting on the edge of the rooftop. "I'm from an alternate timeline and somehow ended up in your version of New York City."

Donnie released a breath he didn't know he was holding. Seeing that she was keeping her promise of not harming him, he sat beside her. "This is amazing! I've visited different dimensions, but never a separate timeline. What was your life like? Oh, uh, I'm Donnie by the way."

"I know. I heard one of your brothers say your name when I left that night." She unsheathed her sword and placed it on her lap. She gazed at the weapon as she talked. "Before I came here, I was a professor at one of the best academies in the nation by day. At night, I patrolled the city under the alias of The Masked Vigilante. My sword is called the Sword of the Creator. It's the main weapon I use."

Donnie nodded. "I was studying it during our previous battle. It's a beautiful weapon."

"Thank you." She smiled underneath her mask. "It's one of the few things I have left to remind me of my home. That's why I wanted to talk to you tonight. Do you know any way I could get back?"

Donnie frowned. "I'm not sure. Like I said, I've only travelled between dimensions. We do have a friend who can control and move around through time, but I don't know how to reach her."

Aria sheathed her weapon again. "Is there a way you could figure it out?"

"I could run some tests to try to figure out how to get into contact with her." He suggested. "But it may take a while."

Aria stood. "Thank you. That would be great."

"Hey," he began, "before you go. We should figure out a way to keep in contact. You shouldn't be roaming a city you don't know alone."

She scribbled down a number on a piece of paper. "Here. Hopefully phones from different timelines operate the same way." She turned to leave.

"Wait!" Donnie called out. "Can I, uh, see your face. You know, just in case I ever run into you without your disguise on."

"If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were flirting with me, Donnie." She teased playfully. Donnie stuttered, trying to find an appropriate response. She took off her mask to cease his rambling. His eyes widened as a blush took over his face. His heart pounded in his chest.

Finding his reaction adorable, Aria waved goodbye to him with a smile. "Until next time, Donnie."