7.2 Raph x Reader

superheroleslie
Next: 3.0 Donnie x Peach
Later: 4.0 Donnie x Reader

This is Why I Love You

by Major

You wanted everything between you and Raph to remain smooth. Since you've repaired your relationship, things have gotten better. There was just one problem: Mona. She seemed to always appear when you didn't want her to (which was always because you never wanted to see her) and try to take Raph's attention. You just can't help but to think that Raph might relapse and fall for Mona. Who's to say that he won't cheat again?

Raph noticed you body tensed up. The uneasy feeling drifted through the living room. He placed a hand on your shoulder. "Hey, babe, what's wrong?"

You shook your head and moved away from his touch. "Nothing, I just have a lot on my mind."

Raph smiled sympathetically at you. He kissed your forehead. For some reason, you could picture him doing the same thing to Mona. "Anything I can do to help ease your stress?"

"No," you responded, "I think I just need to go home."

Raph looked at you, slight confusion evident on his face. "You just got here. You sure you-"

You stood up and grabbed your stuff. "I'm sure. I'll talk to you later."

He grabbed your hand before you could rush off. "Do you want me to walk you home?"

You sighed. "Raph, it's four o'clock. You can't be seen out in the light. I'll be alright on my own." You put on your jacket and exited the lair without saying another word. You hated leaving him like that, but you needed some distance. Until you could stop letting the thoughts of him cheating invade you, you didn't want to see him.

The sounds of the city allowed you to drown out your thoughts. The normally annoying sounds of construction proved to be a comforting distraction. The bustling of traffic forced your mind to pay attention to something other than Raphael.

Raphael, on the other hand, was deeply confused about your actions. He has noticed a change in your behavior and mood lately, but he figured you were stressed from school and all the tests and projects you had to work on. Normally, that would be your excuse to him, but today you just said you needed to go home.

Raph sighed and sank into the couch. "What is going on with her lately?"

Mikey popped his head out of the kitchen to respond to his older brother. "Maybe it's the fact that you kinda, sorta, totally cheated on her a year ago with Mona, and now she's reliving the whole situation because your ex-lover keeps coming around."

Raph blinked. "Okay first, don't call Mona my ex-lover. That's gross, weird, and I never even liked her. Second, and more importantly, has Mona been bothering y/n?"

Leo scoffed as he walked into the room. "Has she been bothering her? She pops up every time you and y/n go on a date. I even caught her trying to star-67 call her the other day. She's always bothering her."

Donnie nodded his head from his lab. "Yep, and when you think about it, the whole unknown caller ID thing wouldn't even work because Mona has a distinct voice, unless of course she used a voice changer app, but then still the way she talks would-"

Raph stood up. "Okay, okay. I get it! I'm still oblivious to Mona messing with y/n. I'm gonna change that, and I'm going to make it up to her. I just need you guys to distract her for a few hours."

~~~~~

Mikey, Leo, and Donnie have been dragging you around the city and rooftops blindfolded for the past two hours. They didn't even give you any information on why other than Donnie conducting an experiment.

"How exactly is this going to help you with any research?" You asked Donnie with an annoyed sigh.

"I'm testing to see how well your other sense will kick if your sight is temporarily disabled. I'm also going to test how long it takes for your senses to return to their normal functioning abilities once your sight is restored." Donnie explained.

Mikey placed a pepperoni in your hand from the slice of pizza he was eating. "Okay, dudette, what do you think that is?"

"By the smell of your breath and the smacking sounds I'm hearing, I'm guessing it's a pepperoni." You said as you handed it back to him.

"Bing, bing, bing. Once again, she guessed it right. You're good at this game!" He exclaimed as he swiped the pepperoni back from your grasp and ate it.

Leo lifted you up and carried you to another rooftop. "Okay, what do you smell now?"

You sniffed the air for a second, before smiling to yourself. "Smells like (favorite food). Where are we?" When no one answered, you called out their names again. "This isn't funny. What's going on?"

You felt the blindfold unravel from your face. When your eyesight was restored, you saw a candlelit picnic dinner on the rooftop of your home. Raph smiled at you as he handed you the blindfold.

"I figured the best way to show you how much I love you was through your heart and your stomach."

You both laughed. "Raph, this is amazing. You really went through all of this for me?"

He grabbed your hands and pulled you close after turning on some music. "You deserve so much, babe. I haven't always been the best boyfriend to you, and I'm gonna change that. Starting with tonight."

You rest your head on his shoulder. "Raph, I'm sorry for how I've been acting lately. It's-"

He rested his chin on top of your head. "I know what's been going on. It's okay." He pauses for a second before asking, "How cheesy do you want this next part to be?"

You laugh lightly. "Raphael being cheesy and romantic in one night? This I have to see."

He rolled his eyes and pulled away from you. "Alright, you asked for it. This is going to be terrible." He laughed as he guided you to the blanket and food.

Once you sat down and began to eat (favorite food), Raph nudged you. "Want some bread?"

You turned your focus to Raph. He held out a plate of tiny breadsticks. "Mikey thought it would be adorable to make mini breadsticks, so I figured I'd use them to my advantage."

"What are you talking about..." you trailer off once you noticed the small ring on one of the loaves.

Raph shrugged. "It's a promise ring. I want you to know that no one can ever come in between us, and I mean that. You are my entire world, y/n."

You smiled brightly as he slipped the ring onto your finger. "You're right Raph. That was cheesy."

He laughed while rolling his eyes again. "Yeah, yeah. Let's just go back to the lair."

Once returning to the lair, you and Raph hung out with his brothers for a while before retreating to his room. You shared a kiss (kisses) and cuddled up with each other.

"Y/n, I want you to know that you're safe with me. I won't let anyone bother you ever again." He kissed your forehead as you drifted off to sleep.

Okay sorry I haven't updated in a while. I had so many tests and papers and speeches piled up on top of each other. But I have some free time now so hopefully that means more updates!