2.2 Tots!Tmnt x Older!Reader

Next: Rahzar x Brunette

Later: Splinter x Nari

SMOL_NUGGET388

"Okay, just stay here and watch TV. I'm going to go buy some more snacks." You grab your keys and bag after setting Mikey down on the couch with his brothers.

You give the small brothers one last glance and walk out of the door. Before you could make it two steps, arguing breaks out from the other side of your door. You sigh to yourself and open the door again. Mikey and Raph are on the ground, rolling back and forth and arguing over the remote.  Leo and Donnie were trying to break them up. At least they were until they saw you.

"Guys stop. Mom's back." Leo whisper-yelled.

Mikey and Raph instantly scrambled to stand back up. Raph takes this opportunity to snatch the remote from Mikey's hand. You walk towards the four brothers and hold your hand out. Raphael grumbles and reluctantly places the remote in your hand.

"Sit." You command. Once they all were back on the couch, you continued. "Look, you guys want more pizza right? I'm trying to go buy some more, but you need to behave. I can't exactly take you with me, so I need you guys to get along for like an hour. Okay?"

They all nodded and kept their heads down. "Yes, ma'am."

You smile at the boys and prepare to leave again. "Leo, you're in charge this time."

Complaints from the other three brothers caused you to laugh. Donnie crossed his arms. "Whenever he's in charge he lets it go to his head."

"I do not!" Leo defended himself. "I just try to make sure we all follow the rules."

"Remember, behave boys. If things go well, I'll let one of you be in charge next time." You hug the little ones one last time before leaving out of the door again. You waited for a minute to see what would happen. To your surprise, it sounded like they weren't tearing up the house. Getting in your car, you made your way to the nearest grocery store.

~~~~~

While you were gone, the turtles tried their best to be on their best behavior. Especially since Leo was in charge. Raph grumbled and crossed his arms, leaning back into the couch.

Leo rolled his eyes. "What's wrong now, Raph?"

"I can't believe mom left you in charge again. All you do is make us watch Space Heroes and snitch on our every move." He hops down from the couch. "I'm going to find something to do. This is stupid."

Mikey, who was already interested in getting up from his spot, hopped down with his brother. "Yeah, I'm gonna do that too."

Leo raced over to block Raph and Mikey's path. He stood in his favorite Captain Ryan pose, one finger pointing in the air, the other hand on his hip. He raised his head proudly. "No, mom clearly said that we are not to make a mess. That means sitting on the couch and being good 'til she comes back."

Little Raphael pushed past his older brother and made his way to their room. He rummaged through the pile of toys you had bought them so far. "You worry too much, Leo. All I'm going to do is have a nice little water fight with my baby brother. Isn't that right, Mikey?"

Mikey nodded rapidly and grabbed one of the water guns from Raphael. "That's right, dear brother."

Donnie frowned and fiddled with his fingers. "Guys, I don't know about this."

Raph confidently walked back into the living-room, Mikey at his heels. Leo snatched the water gun from Raphael. "No, mom said-"

"I know what mom said, okay? Lighten up, dude." Raph tried to snatch it back which turned into a tug-of-war battle that spilled water everywhere.

Donnie yelped as he was splashed in the face with the cold liquid. "Okay, you know what? I tried to be nice, but now I'm coming to the edge! Gimmie that gun." The three fought over the toy loudly. Meanwhile, little Michelangelo held his toy and watched in amusement.

Suddenly, someone slid open the window next to them. All of the turtle tots screamed in fear. Leo, Donnie, and Raph let go of the water gun. Mikey continued to scream as he spray the intruder with water.

"My son, please stop spraying me." Master Splinter gently took the water gun from his youngest son and placed it on the nearest table. "I have been looking everywhere for you. Why did you run off?"

Mikey shivered to himself. "These weird men that were all dressed the same had guns and were chasing after us. So we ran away from them until mom saw us in front of her door and and saved us!"

Master Splinter blinked. "Mom? Who is-"

Before sensei could finish his question, you walked back into the house with two arm fulls worth of groceries and four pizza boxes stacked on top of each other. You clearly believed in the "take all of bags in one trip or bust" rule. 

"Hey, boys," you began, struggling to close the door with your feet, "can you guys give me a hand?"

The four tots raced over and took some of the bags out of your hands. Well, Mikey grabbed the pizza, but it's the thought that counts. Once the stress was finally relieved from your arms, you noticed the rat mutant standing awkwardly in your home. You ushered the small turtles behind you and grabbed the nearest weapon (an umbrella) and pointed it at the stranger.

"I don't know who you are or how you got in, but you better stay away from my boys." You tightened your grip and prepared to defend your family.

"Miss, this is all a misunderstanding." Splinter put his hands up to show that he meant no harm.

Leo took a step around you and pointed towards Splinter. "It's okay, mom. It's just dad. He's been looking for us ever since the day you started taking care of us."

Raph smirked and crossed his arms. "Did you really think you could take down Splinter with an umbrella?"

You lowered the makeshift weapon in your hands and stared in confusion. "Wait, wait. You all had a parent already and never told me? And, for your information Raphael, my momma-bear instincts would have done a great job protecting you."

Splinter was confused. The boys never received names from him, although he thought of naming them all after his favorite Renaissance artists. "How did you know what their names were going to be?"

You shrugged. "They named themselves. I was surprised by the name choices myself. I'm guessing you had something to do with it by the way you asked."

Donnie tugged at the side of your jacket. "I hope you're not mad, mom. We just felt safe here and didn't know if we'd ever see sensei again. We were a long way from home."

Your heart melted at Donatello's innocent facial expression. You picked him up and hugged him tightly. "Oh, Donatello, I could never be mad at you guys. I love you all too much. Which is why I'm not gonna yell about all the water that's everywhere in my living-room."

"It was Raph's idea!" Three of the brothers shouted at the same time. Poor Raphael could only frown and glare angrily at his siblings.

You told the boys to go get some towels to clean up their mess. You motioned for Splinter to take a seat on the couch. "I'm, uh, sorry for threatening you with an umbrella. I'm protective of them, as you can see."

Master Splinter waved dismissively. "Don't worry about it. I'm glad the boys found a safe haven. It's not often that mutants like us can find a place where we are accepted."

You nudged him. "Hey, you all will always have a place with me."

Mikey walked up to the two of you, a sad look on his face. "So, what does this mean? Where are we going to stay?"

Part 3???