5.2 Donnie x Ace

thedarkangelAce

Next: Donnie x Mazicana

Later: Raph x Den

Battle Cry

by Jussie Smollett

The two groups of crime fighters huddled together. It had been two months since they fought the Shredder together. Every week, one of the teams would scout out the Shredder's lair, looking for possible weak areas and vantage points.

"So far," Leo began, "we have found a low level of security along the south end of the area. The only problem is Fish Face and Rahzar will be guarding the roof and might spot us."

Donnie nodded. "On average, it takes them about three minutes to make a complete lap around the roof while guarding it. I have noticed though, which is no surprise, that the two can easily get distracted. So, we need to figure out the best way to stage a distraction on the North end to gain us an extra minute or so in order to shut off the power grid."

Donnie finished and looked over to Ace, who had already been looking at him. Ace's face was expressionless, but he sent a nod of approval to Donnie. The tall turtle instantly felt his face heat up and turned away. Although Ace didn't show it, it amused him how flustered Donnie would get from just a glance.  He thought it was cute.

Lunar continued the conversation. "I think I know what could be the perfect distraction."

"What? Your face?" Raph snickered. Lunar punched him in the shoulder and pretended to be angry. She turned her head and blushed, cracking a small smile. The hot-headed turtle and the hard-headed wolf shape-shifter had noticeably grown closer together. 

"What she was going to say before she got distracted," Arabelle piped in, "is that our other sister Iko could be the perfect distraction."

Mikey's eyes widened in excitement. "Woah, you guys have another sibling? Why haven't we ever seen her?"

Arabelle continued. "She can only come around at 11:11 because she was separated from us. Which is why she would be a good distraction. She can teleport to us and fly around to catch their attention while we break in."

Leo grinned slightly. "That's a great idea. Now we just have to worry about splitting up into smaller teams. I suggest one member from each team works with the other." Leo looked to Arabelle, who blushed the moment they made eye contact. 

Mikey groaned. "Okay, look all you love birds. I don't know if you've noticed, but since Iko won't be showing up until 11:11, I'll be on my own until then. We all know that I shouldn't be left alone during missions."

"What makes you think you were going to be the one without a partner?" Donnie asked.

"Oh, come on." Mikey complained. "We already know it's going to be you and Ace, Leo and Arabelle, and Raph and Lunar. All of you guys might as well kiss. Why do I have to be the seventh wheel? Is my name Leo Valdez now?"

Everyone else in the room blushed deeply. Well, Ace had a slight blush on his face and remained quiet, while everyone else tried to talk their way around what Mikey had just said. Mikey rolled his eyes and leaned back into his chair.

~~~~~

At 10:30 pm everyone suited up and left the lair. Standing from a nearby building, the group waited as Donnie checked over his calculations and timings one last time. When he gave the okay, everyone readied themselves to spread out into their positions. The time hit 11:11 pm. Another presence was felt behind the group. 

"Iko, welcome back." Ace, who hadn't said a thing all day, greeted the youngest sibling."

Iko moved aside the hair that had fallen into her white eyes.She flapped her pink and white wings and looked at the people in front of her until her eyes met Ace's. "It feels good to be back."

Mikey gawked at the new member of the crew. "Dudette, your horns are so epic! And your wings? You are totally Booyakasha."

Blushing shyly, Iko looked down at the ground for a second before making eye contact with Mikey. "I'm not sure what booyakasha means, but I'll take it as a compliment."

Mikey opened his mouth to reply again, but Leo stepped in front of him. He explained the plan and the role she and Mikey were to play in order for everyone else to be able to enter the lair. Iko nodded and prepared to begin her task. Mikey stealthily made his way over to the building opposite of where everyone else was hiding. 

Iko flew in a circle above the Shredder's lair, catching the attention of Rahzar and Fish Face. She swooped down low enough to wack Rahzar in the head before accelerating upward. The two mutants angrily shouted at her and ran to the north side of the roof. Iko then swooped down and pretended to attack Mikey.

Mikey blurted out his infamous scream. "No, don't hurt me! I'm a good guy!" He ran around in circles as Iko flew above him and "attempted" to grab him.

Rahzar laughed out loud. "Hmph about time that stupid turtle been taken care of. I hope whatever that thing is rips him apart."

Fish Face crossed his arms. "You're just gonna sit here and watch him get beaten to a pulp? Because I think it would be pretty interesting to watch."

Rahzar grinned to himself and nodded in agreement. While they were distracted, Leo, Donnie, Raph, Ace, Lunar, and Arabelle snuck their way to the entrance. Donnie disabled the security system long enough for Raph, Leo, and Arabelle to sneak in. He and Ace then focused on shutting down the power grid for the building. Leo and Arabelle crept into the hallway that leads to the throne room. Raph and Lunar snuck into the chambers where most of Shredder's minions and mutants lived, hiding out on vantage points in the ceiling. 

Mikey grabbed Iko's hand and they flew towards the other two mutants who were getting a kick out of Mikey being tortured. She launched Mikey towards them. Right before he made contact with the two villains, Mikey shrank into his shell, successfully knocking the two mutants out. Just as Mikey and Iko landed next to Donnie and Ace, the power shut off in the Shredder's lair. The four sneaked in and headed for the boiler room. Opening the large boiler, the four began to load it with random object to fuel the fire and left the door open.

Raph and Lunar jumped down from their hiding spots and took out Tiger Claw and Stockman-Fly within seconds due to their advantage over them. Leo and Arabelle knocked out Bebop and Rocksteady easily within the darkness. The rest of the group moved in silence and met up in the throne room. 

"So, we meet again turtles." The Shredder's voice boomed against the walls as he turned in circles, looking for the intruders. "Did you bring your company this time too?"

Everyone took turns attacking the armored man in the center of the room. They knew it would be hard to take down the ninja master. The game plan was to keep him distracted long enough for his empire to burn down around him. Silver Stripe and the Ninja Turtles gained the upper hand on the Shredder just as the fire spread to the throne room. The group of heroes retreated from the scene as the Shredder howled in anger.

Donnie and Ace trailed in the back of the group as they returned back to the sewers. Donnie struggled to form a sentence that wouldn't sound too awkward or desperate. 

"So, um, you fought well tonight. I-"

Ace cut Donnie off by pulling him in and kissing him. Donatello froze for a second before he relaxed into the kiss. Ace flashed Don a slight smile and continued his walk to the lair. 

Mikey snickered and nudged Iko playfully. "I so called them getting together. Maybe we'll be next, dudette."

Iko blushed shyly and pushed Mikey away. "Maybe if you're lucky."

Mikey put an arm around Iko as they shared a laugh and continued their walk.